All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

paraphernalia

O.k. having recently done several gigs that required me to turn up with my saxes and a couple of stands and nowt else, i decided to "clear the decks" a bit, well clear my cases at any rate.
so i set aside some time to go through them and ruthlessly confine anything i'm not using to the darkest recesses of my odds and ends cupboard.
here's where i hit a snag, having gone through my cases i found that i haven't actually removed anything.
in my tenor case there are mouthpieces that i haven't used for several years and nestled in my alto case,there is a Brilhart Levelair which probable hasn't seen the light of day for a decade!
its that "you never know,you may need it on the next gig" syndrome.
i just started wondering if i am alone? whats in your case?

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
In my tenor case.

3 slings
5 mouthpieces (2x Guardala MBIIs, Runyon Quantum 16, Law Buzzer, Lawton 9* LW)
The usual other stuff: cork grease, screwdriver, cotton buds, elastic bands, pull through, handkerchief, pencil, rubber, etc.

Baritone and sop cases are pretty much the same - just fewer mouthpieces.

Jazzaferri

I have a his cox for my alto. Not much room but regular mpce and bright mpce if needed for style. Reeds swabs tools emergency rubber bands (I play a 46 yr old sml) only room for the neck is wrapped in the a cloth in the bell.

I won't talk about my bam soprano case with all it's extra storage. A close cousin to a woman's purse.

Forgot to add my SaxHolder doesn't fit in my case but I always take a small shoulder bag with water iPad music paper and music if needed phone wallet etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
2 Berg Larsens, One SR Tech Pro, two straps- one BG one Rico, cleaning Kit, Reeds, a Hercules collapsable Stand, my Flute, a ***** charger, London underground map &- inexplicably- a Duplo alien from Toy Story (my kids at work!)

Two Voices

I always have my Tenor and I’m starting to take my clarinet occasionally. This is my current bag contents. It gets refreshed once a month.

Reunion Blues Leather Gig Bag (R&C Two Voices Tenor)

• 3 x Cebulla Sax Straps (White, Black and Brown)
  • 3 xVandoren Reed Hygrocase (Prepared Reeds – blow well)
  • 1 x BG Padded Neck + Mouthpiece Pouch (BGPT2) (In the Bell of the sax)
    • Morgan Fry Tenor Custom Metal Link 9* Mouthpiece
    • François Louis Gold Plated Ultimate Tenor Ligature
  • 1 x Vandoren Mouthpiece Pouch
    • Otto-Link Metal STM 9* Tenor Mouthpiece (Back-Up Mouthpiece)
    • François Louis Gold Plated Ultimate Tenor Ligature

Small Zip Lock Bag (This is kept in the Sax Case)

• Runyon Reed Rush
  • Kwikset Pad and Cork Cement
  • Superslick Key Oil
  • BG Mouthpiece Patches – Small 0.4mm Transparent (A11)

Small Zip Lock Bag (This is kept in the Sax Case)

• BG Microfibre Cloth (A62)
  • BG Double Thickness Padded Pull Through (A30T)
  • BG Pull Through for Mouthpiece & Neck (A31)
  • BG Pad Dryer (A65S)
Loose in the Sax Case

• Chop Saver Lip Balm
  • Cork Grease
  • Hercules Stand (DS530B)

BAM Trekking Bb Clarinet Case

• 3 x Vandoren Reed Hygrocase (Prepared Reeds – blow well)
  • 2 x Vandoren Mouthpiece Pouch
    • Weinberg Bb Clt Mouthpiece Zenith Jazz BDF
    • BG Super Revelation Ligature
  • BG Microfibre Cloth (A62)
  • BG Silk Swab (AA32S)
  • BG Mouthpiece Patches A11 small 0.4mm Transparent
  • Hercules Clarinet Peg

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
a Duplo alien from Toy Story (my kids at work!)
wow! I want one of these in my sax case.... but I think my kids maybe too old now! :w00t:

My sax case is very boring, although I do have 2 mouthpieces in my bari case, the harness I use and the neck-strap from hell that came with the bari - I can only assume it will garrot its user, it looks horribly uncomfortable. I have to remember to move my sax-playing spectacles from one case to the other. I always carry a number of reeds...just in case (aha!). And a pencil with eraser on a magnetic holder in each sax case, never wishing to get caught out at rehearsals.

I don't do tools, but then I rarely travel away from home much. I used my eye-brow tweazers yesterday, to put the spring of the low Bflat pad back onto the correct side of it's retaining post - but maybe you didn't need to know that :)))

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
2 Berg Larsens, One SR Tech Pro, two straps- one BG one Rico, cleaning Kit, Reeds, a Hercules collapsable Stand, my Flute, a ***** charger, London underground map &- inexplicably- a Duplo alien from Toy Story (my kids at work!)
hang on- why does ***** end up being replaced by ***** ?!
. **** = A well know mobile phone company beginning with N which, mysteriously, appears to be a swear word on tihs site!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
. **** = A well know mobile phone company beginning with N which, mysteriously, appears to be a swear word on tihs site!
Something in the forum software does it. It's meant to supress swear words. But Pete told me a long time ago he couldn't stop it from acting on the phone company.....

Given my experiences with my current phone, it's probably just as well. N O K I A should work.

Two Voices

Probably advertising so we should not mention any trade names ever again! So I play a *** Sax whilst you play a ***** Sax :w00t: Very helpful yes :confused:>:)

Two Voices

Something in the forum software does it. It's meant to supress swear words. But Pete told me a long time ago he couldn't stop it from acting on the phone company.....

Given my experiences with my current phone, it's probably just as well. N O K I A should work.
Strange it doesn't do it with fruit phones like Apple or Orange :w00t: Pity >:)

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom