support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Paranoid Android Ruff Ideas Demo

Sounds melodic and smooth and lifts in the right places, nice balance of musical light and shade. Refreshing to hear someone posting stuff other than jazz, tho i am a 100% jazz lover i do still like to hear alternative things.

You can count on me throwing something wacky in.lol....for me I'm 50% jazz. They rest is very mixed up bag. If I thought I'd end up playig standards for the rest of my life I'd rap in now. .lol. I love my rock

Hmmmmm........might have to listen to him but right now it's Mr Albright!

Albright is a freaky amazing player. I love him but for pure tone its Sanborn. You hear a few notes and you know its him. Cant say that about Albright. Yes he sounds amazing but its a alto sound a lot of cats have. My fave guys are the one's that stand alone and do truly sound just like there selves .

I will certainly not argue with your experience or opinion but there is also the music, vibe, tone, timing and whatever else it takes to like a certain sound. Kind of like comparing Andy Williams singing to Bing Crosby!

I will certainly not argue with your experience or opinion but there is also the music, vibe, tone, timing and whatever else it takes to like a certain sound. Kind of like comparing Andy Williams singing to Bing Crosby!

We all like what like and there should never be an argument as how can one tell you what you should like. Yes the music should rule . Just let it enrich our lives. I think Albright has better technique on his horn than Sanborn. He is a true genius on all horns but I think for my likes Sanborn has more soul and down right blues in his playing when I hear him. He can make his horn cry and bark like no other modern alto cat.

I'm the same with Coltrane who I adore. 3 of his albums are my all time best jazz albums. How scary was his technique compared to Wayne Sorter who is a Coltrane type player. No way as good as Coltranes but I love Shorters playing more. Of course many factors come into play but again its that worn out saying " if we all liked the same thing life would be dull " music is the thing and we are all on the bendy metal blowers path so lets keep music alive, hey I got all arty farty there and deep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headscratch:

Dave Sanborn plays some great sax on "Young Americans" - here's a taster

I especially like "Fascination" with the wah-wah pedal on alto...

Early stuff to check out is Sanborn with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Keep On Movin', Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw, etc. Stevie Wonder's Talking Book, Beck and Sanborn album...

Sorry Davey for hi-jacking your thread - funny enough I was listening to few Radiohead albums last week - keep up the good work...

Greg S.

Dave Sanborn plays some great sax on "Young Americans" - here's a taster

I especially like "Fascination" with the wah-wah pedal on alto...

Early stuff to check out is Sanborn with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Keep On Movin', Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw, etc. Stevie Wonder's Talking Book, Beck and Sanborn album...

Sorry Davey for hi-jacking your thread - funny enough I was listening to few Radiohead albums last week - keep up the good work...

Greg S.

The more the better, nice to hear from you. Hope your doing well.