• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Pan American Alto Saxophone

MMM

Pan American Alto Sax

Silver plated with gold wash bell... although not much of it left! It must have been stunning when new and certainly not a cheap one: frosted silver body, shiny keywork and bell engraving and gold wash bell!
This is the earlier model with the eagle and globe on the bell, serial number 50563, not sure of exact year, by the keywork, I'm guessing 1940s/50s.
Yes, it has been used a lot: I rescued it, thoroughly washed it, removed Xbad smell and some weird black deposits, cleaned and degreased all keywork and screws, replaced all pads and adjusted it.
Repadded with Pisoni Premium DeLuxe pads.
Unlike the plating, the body is in very good condition part from a small dent on the bow (see pictures), the low Eb guard was resoldered. Keywork is nice and light.
The only thing missing are the tiny locking screws, however all the point screws are original. Original pearl coloured rollers.
Price £360 + postage to where you are, 5% donation to Pete's charity if sold through this forum.

I will leave this here for one week, before ebay, I will not be reducing it!
Photos here, but if you want more let me know!

https://picasaweb.google.com/111139...&authkey=Gv1sRgCObuiMWG1--cKw&feat=directlink

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC03416s.jpg
    DSC03416s.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 291
Sorry, forgot to mention, it doesn't have a case, but I can include the toxic case it came in for shipping only!!!!

Sorry, forgot to mention, it doesn't have a case, but I can include the toxic case it came in for shipping only!!!!

Wow, am I asking too much or is it that I forgot to say that "it plays just like a MK6!" ?;}

This is ready to be played, I'll go as far as giving a week's trial: if it's not as advertised, I'll take it back and refund the money (- postage)!

Also, you may have noticed the neck cork is not new: this will be replaced prior to sale.

No, I don't think you're asking too much. I have a seriously battered one but it was luck with mine. Mine plays wonderfully and yours is in so much better condition and I bet it's a belter. I really like the Pan Am's - they have a super powerful tone. If I had the money I'd snap it up as I don't know what the life expectancy is in my poor old thing! But, you've probably seen my posts and I'm struggling with my conscience and common sense over a modele 22 alto. I know it's not right to buy it but I've got al little devil in my head telling me to! I don't think my husband will appreciate it though! Not another sax turning up at the flat. He knows the parcel shape by now :( haha. Best of luck with the sale

Thanks for that saxgirl: leave the model 22 alone!
In my many years of buying and selling, I've learnt one thing: best to find ONE sax that works well, work on it and make it yours and forget the rest... in the end you'll spend more time and money than you would like!!!
Cheers,
M.

Pan American Alto Sax

Silver plated with gold wash bell... although not much of it left! It must have been stunning when new and certainly not a cheap one: frosted silver body, shiny keywork and bell engraving and gold wash bell!
This is the earlier model with the eagle and globe on the bell, serial number 50563, not sure of exact year, by the keywork, I'm guessing 1940s/50s.
Yes, it has been used a lot: I rescued it, thoroughly washed it, removed Xbad smell and some weird black deposits, cleaned and degreased all keywork and screws, replaced all pads and adjusted it.
Repadded with Pisoni Premium DeLuxe pads.
Unlike the plating, the body is in very good condition part from a small dent on the bow (see pictures), the low Eb guard was resoldered. Keywork is nice and light.
The only thing missing are the tiny locking screws, however all the point screws are original. Original pearl coloured rollers.
Price £360 + postage to where you are, 5% donation to Pete's charity if sold through this forum.

I will leave this here for one week, before ebay, I will not be reducing it!
Photos here, but if you want more let me know!

https://picasaweb.google.com/111139...&authkey=Gv1sRgCObuiMWG1--cKw&feat=directlink

Thank you!

Still available: I will now offer a one week approval, provided the sax and return postage is paid for. If you don't like it, just return it in its original condition and I'll refund the money, no questions asked!

Cheers,
M.

Still available: I will now offer a one week approval, provided the sax and return postage is paid for. If you don't like it, just return it in its original condition and I'll refund the money, no questions asked!

Cheers,
M.

Do you mean "in its current condition"?

I think "original" might be a little too much to ask!

:(

No, I actually meant in "original" condition, so replated, etc! Otherwise it wouldn't be worth my while!!!!:thumb:

Only joking of course: I meant original as in "the same condition as received", to be clear!
Cheers,
M.

I like Pan-Ams (the tenors anyway, not played an Alto) - even though they`re student horns, you can tell they`re Conns.

How long IS a Sarf Landon Week BTW ? , Three North of watford months and counting so far .

£250 for a refurbed Pan-Am and not sold ? ....... Wow .

Yes, I wish people would stop going off topic on "for sale" threads, it just confuses things somewhat...

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, the Pan Am is still for sale at a loss to me, the £250 doesn't cover the time I've spent setting it up, let alone the initial cost of the sax... you live and learn.
BTW, the reason it hasn't sold is not because anyone turned it down after playing it, there has just been no interest whatsoever.
I will try to post a video soon to show how it plays, maybe that will change things (for better or worse!!!).
Thanks,
M.