All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Saxophones Palm sax (brand)?

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Never heard of them. I guess it is Chinese-made, but the rather nice case is odd.

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
@EdJ ...let's roll this discussion backward a bit.

~ You want to buy a soprano

~ how much have you budgeted for buying a Soprano ?

If you have budgeted an unrealistic figure (say....$300ish or around 250gbp or under)...then you might as well buy the Palm...it is probably no better nor worse than any other obscure chinese 'brand' horn.
You would do no better with anything else in that price range...and your risks would be the same as buying any other brands at that price (and those risks wouldn't be negligible)

~ IF, however, you have the flexibility of a more realistic budget (say...$450usd or 370gpb minimum), then you could likely find a horn with at least a half-decent reputation that'd likely be a safer buy.

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
That Elkhart is a Deluxe, so it is Taiwanese-made. I have owned one of these and they are very good.

DavidUK

Don't get palmed off with the Palm!

Nobody's heard of the brand and when you want to upgrade (which will probably be the day after it arrives) very few will want to buy it.

Look at what else they're selling... a 1970's Buescher which is listed as 1930s-40s. Don't believe a thing they say. They know nothing.

Th Elkhart DeLuxe is also available on Facebook, no bidding, just buy, and possibly at a lower price?: Facebook Marketplace: Elkhart Soprano Saxophone (SW London) – Woodwind Instruments – London, United Kingdom

As for the Hanson, get a serial number and phone Hansons to see what model it is?

SeanLR

That Elkhart is a Deluxe, so it is Taiwanese-made. I have owned one of these and they are very good.
I can vouch for this. I currently have a Taiwanese Elkhart soprano and it’s great little player. I’ve never heard of Palm. My Elkhart sop cost £220 used in excellent condition. There are still some bargains to be had out there.

MMM

Another vote for the Elkhart DeLuxe here: great student saxes!

OP
E

EdJ

I have a curved BW which is pretty good but I am contemplating upgrading or getting a straight one but not with any sense of urgency. I just noticed this and was curious as I had not heard of them
I could find one forum but that immediately degenerated into obvious double entendres.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom