All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones P Mauriat big band tenor

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Does anybody have any experience of these that they can share please?

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Tried one briefly.
It sounded like a Mauriat.

SaxterLoka

Last edited by a moderator:

SaxterLoka

sorry about the copied material. will not happen again. just Google Roger Mannins P Mauriat review. Great read. enjoy ;->

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
OK, but not too exciting.And not too cheap either. I don't know current prices, though.

Merryfisher

Locality
Hampshire
I briefly had a mauriat 86UL, purchased from new. it sounded ok, but the build quality was terrible. In less then a year keys started rattling, pads leaking, it's action becoming noisy and clunky, springs and screws rusty, cork and felt cushions falling off. I got rid of it as a trade in for a TJ sig cus RAW, great sound, great build quality and going great 2 years on having been well gigged and nothing needing doing to it - Yamaha build quality..

I believe Steven Howard has reviewed both horns on his web page - worth reading and drawing your own conclusions.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
There doesn't seem to be much Mauriat love on this site... the brand seems to be rarely mentioned

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
I played a 66R for years. .absolutely loved it. For me the "mauriat sound" is the 67r/66r and the 86 models. The Big Band is a decent enough horn - a big Jupiter-ish in my books but not 'the' Mauriat sound/character....

Donbear

Does anybody have any experience of these that they can share please?

Yeah I'm currently using a big band 201 tenor. For beginners, it would be a great choice considering other more expensive brands...

Its powerful and dark sounding even though its a student-intermediate model...

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom