Oxford Redhead.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Dooce,
You'll have to go to all 125 cc GPs as young Bradders needs your support. It is only when you punch Aspar's head in and fit my tweaked Villiers 9E barrel to his Aprilia that it works.
Jon F is a fellow motorcyclist, lives in Dormansland which is expensive and so might be quite happy to sponsor your Britiish support trips. I'll leave you to ask him. ;}

OP
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
I was going to ask if Dooce had any room in his suitcase following Jon's kind offer but the heart wouldn't stand another last lap like that between Jorge and Valentino.
Saw my first motorcycle race in 1959. Saw Phil and Bill knocking lumps off each other but that was the best. :welldone :welldone :welldone :welldone

losaavedra

Vaguely on-topic ... anyone know anything about a Dorton 125cc motorbike? Saw one parked the other day further up the Costa Blanca. Looked really nice. I can 'drive' a 125cc here on a car license so I'm awfully tempted although all my memories of the things are of falling off between Warlingham and West Croydon on the way to work many years ago ... and I suppose Mrs L would kill me anyway if I thought of getting one. However, I looked up 'Dorton' on the Internet and all I could find were motor scooters (ugh!).

OP
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
Vaguely on-topic ... anyone know anything about a Dorton 125cc motorbike? Saw one parked the other day further up the Costa Blanca. Looked really nice. I can 'drive' a 125cc here on a car license so I'm awfully tempted although all my memories of the things are of falling off between Warlingham and West Croydon on the way to work many years ago ... and I suppose Mrs L would kill me anyway if I thought of getting one. However, I looked up 'Dorton' on the Internet and all I could find were motor scooters (ugh!).
Not on the Warlingham Ridge, surely? Tradition has it that John Surtees father, who was a grass track sidecar competitor, used to use it as his test facility with either John or his brother Norman, who later became a scrambler, in the chair. Luckily the local bobbies never caught him. Had a 1949 Aerco Scott lock up solid at eighty on the same bit of tarmac. 1949 Dunlop Universal tyres had so little grip that I only realised it when it became incredibly quiet.

Right all together "Memories..........."

dooce

Can you imagine Barcelona fans cheering Man. Utd. for winning the home match in the last 5 seconds of the game? Unbelievable. Bike racing really is the last sport to survive globalisation with some sense of fair-play.

Anyone see the ITV4 coverage of the TT?

Top Bottom