support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Otto Link Metal Super Tone Master 6 Tenor Mouthpiece with BG Revelation Jazz Ligature

Jobylou

Locality
Chipping Campden
I am selling my Otto Link Super Tone Master 6 Tenor Mouthpiece with the original box and ligature, along with a BG Revelation Jazz Ligauture for this mouthpiece (as recommended by sax.co.uk)
This mouthpiece is in great condition and these 2 items would be over £250 new, so I am offering them for sale at £130 plus postage at cost.
I will donate 5% of the sale proceeds to the charity.
I am selling it because I just do not like the feel of a metal mouthpiece in my mouth!
20131222_141133.jpg

Jobylou

Locality
Chipping Campden
This is an absolute bargain!! I have one and they are great players.
I just wish I could get used to the feel of the metal, I keep going back to my Vandoren Java because it feels more comfortable.
Perhaps I should persevere with it! Out of interest which lig / reeds do you use Prof?

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Ian stole my next post! I am going to get a FL ultimate as per several other peoples advice as well. Persevere withg it JobyLou as it really is a great mpc. Try a mpc patch to get rid of the feel

Jobylou

Locality
Chipping Campden
Hmmm, I am confused now, I had a go with it last night and the metal still feels odd at first but after a while I seemed to get used to it, it is just a very different feel to the Java that I use at the moment. I think it has a warmer sound though, which is what I am trying to get - I love the sound of Ben Webster, Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young...
I was trying to raise some money, not sure if I can justify to my husband buying another new ligature!!! I have only been playing for 3 years, would it make that much difference to me do you think? I am using Legere Signature Reeds 2.25, I find cane reeds annoying because of the inconsistency and with synthetics I just get on and play!
Thank you for your help :)
PS - since the forum has been "maintained" earlier today my extra photos seem to have disappeared?

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
There are some very cheap Chinese ligs on eBay. I have bought a couple and they work OK if you want to save some money. My suggestion would be to persevere with what you have at present until you get used to the mpc. Also look on eBay for second hand ligs. If it becomes a problem PM me and I shall loan you one for a while.

Jobylou

Locality
Chipping Campden
That is really kind of you - but I do have the standard ligature and also the BG Revelation Jazz one though, I just wondered if the Francois Louis ultimate would make that much difference?

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
That is really kind of you - but I do have the standard ligature and also the BG Revelation Jazz one though, I just wondered if the Francois Louis ultimate would make that much difference?
No problem. I cannot speak for the FL ultimate. Try the BG rev and see what happens!

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
...not sure if I can justify to my husband buying another new ligature!!!

I'm rather taken aback by your apparent consideration for the other half's wallet

Could I refer you to Point 1 in the Marriage Rule Book in the section headed "Income" which my other half uses on a daily basis:

"What's yours is ours and what's mine is mine"

Jobylou

Locality
Chipping Campden
I'm rather taken aback by your apparent consideration for the other half's wallet

Could I refer you to Point 1 in the Marriage Rule Book in the section headed "Income" which my other half uses on a daily basis:

"What's yours is ours and what's mine is mine"

Lol, that made me smile!
My husband puts up with a lot - we work together as well as live together, and he doesn't even moan when I practise my sax at 7pm every night (despite his tinnitus!) :)

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Lol, that made me smile!
My husband puts up with a lot - we work together as well as live together, and he doesn't even moan when I practise my sax at 7pm every night (despite his tinnitus!) :)
A martyr like all of us men

Top Bottom