PPT mouthpieces

Original Music: My Tunes

If you're interested, I'll make the track available. This was recorded in studio, but I can't find it anywhere, so I had to depend on BiaB for a band.
As soon as it isn't 4/4, it's less easy to find a style that works.

I'm very satisfied with the track you laid down and don't feel the need to do something different. If however you feel that you would like to hear others (or me) do the same track, then by all means make it available. Too bad other time signatures aren't good as I'm much more attuned to 3 beat based rhythms, but also love 5 and 7...I know they aren't used in pop music...their loss.

I'm very satisfied with the track you laid down and don't feel the need to do something different. If however you feel that you would like to hear others (or me) do the same track, then by all means make it available. Too bad other time signatures aren't good as I'm much more attuned to 3 beat based rhythms, but also love 5 and 7...I know they aren't used in pop music...their loss.
Glad to hear it! The reason I'm posting these without the backing tracks is that few people have "risen" to the challenge. Since it takes time to generate a track with the count-in and no lead track, I decided I'll do them on demand or if any of the others start to get more action. As for various time sigs, I've enjoyed playing in 7 and maybe I'll do something again today with that.

Nice! I was expecting a low not snoring sound from the bari at some point;>:)

Hi @randulo, I think our initiative is great and you play wonderfully. I just discovered this thread and I need to listen more to which backing tracks appeals to me the most. I can't comment on why others haven't 'risen to the challenge'. In my case, I play and practice for) two 'community Big Bands' and - at the moment - a third 'Christmas Band'. All good fun, but I never have the time, energy, or motivation to experiment with new tracks on the cafe. Every now and then I keep saying 'hopefully this will change' but it never does.

Listening to your tracks, the thought occurred to me that I've perhaps been on a 'treadmill' for some years. I've learned a whole lot more about playing better in a (Big) Band but much less about developing my sax playing. Getting the right balance is a good topic for me to keep in mind in approaching 2020.

FWIW, I recently joined in with a 'free-flowing' musical performance. I was there just to take photos but at the end when I saw a clarinettist playing solo, I just decided to pick up a guitar and accompany him. I turned out to be be a duet where we both adjusted to each other. Sometimes he led, and I followed, sometimes the other way around. I don't know why but your music brought this back to me. The common factor, I guess is '' complete freedom to express yourself'.

Mike

Glad to hear it! The reason I'm posting these without the backing tracks is that few people have "risen" to the challenge. Since it takes time to generate a track with the count-in and no lead track, I decided I'll do them on demand or if any of the others start to get more action. As for various time sigs, I've enjoyed playing in 7 and maybe I'll do something again today with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So good of you to post a track in 7/4. It's unusual though in being a "straight 7" rather than divided as 4 + 3, 3 + 4, or the snappier 2 + 2 +3 or its inverse. Worth a shot, but not sure when as Life is quite busy right now. Also lovely 3/4 track. Fine playing from you on both.

Actually it is 3 then 4 in the original figure which I made up in the 1970's for our hand, wait for it... The Pure Food and Drug Act.

123 4567

@MikeMorrell thanks for the back story! Hey the stuff is here if anyone's interested and I'm posting new ones almost daily, for better or worse.

Actually it is 3 then 4 in the original figure which I made up in the 1970's for our hand, wait for it... The Pure Food and Drug Act.

123 4567

OK, I hear it now, but maybe expected that 4 to be divided 2 +2 like in Balkan music. I like it and the way it ambles.

Back
Top Bottom