support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Oooooh.....NICE!

1979? That is almost 1980!
(it is cute, though)

Here's something to wet your appetite David.
546614_175704499231536_426702744_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's lovely but would be very expensive for a late one. Rupert Noble, the tech guy I use, says that they are variable and the older ones are usually better, before production moved. He says he has sold very good ones for around £2k - £2.2k but they are often overpriced. I guess with import this one would cost around £3k.

I showed him this when it was last listed because of their reputation. I was interested. It had reached around £1300 at the time and didn't sell.

Just look for a normal Super-20 David of the right Era ..

The crocodile(?) skin case is enough to get you in the mood to play

I love those cases: did you know HN White actually manufactured the cases as well! Unbelievable, it could never happen today!
Cheers,

Actually I think it does - Don`t Yamaha make all their own cases ? , I`m sure that the factories which make the Chinese and Taiwanese Saxes make the cases in the same place (Shown on a Video) , Yani probably do also, Dunno about Selmer and Keilwerth, I`d think so at least for JK

Cannonball make a very good case as do Yamaha for the 875 Custom

The case for my Silversonic has a smell all of its own. Not in a rank musty kind of way, more like 50 years of jazz! That is metal, oil, leather and wood! You wouldn't want to carry one of these cases far either! If we're out and about I take the horn in a liteflite case!

The case for my Silversonic has a smell all of its own. Not in a rank musty kind of way, more like 50 years of jazz! That is metal, oil, leather and wood! You wouldn't want to carry one of these cases far either! If we're out and about I take the horn in a liteflite case!
Yes how true! mine has that same smell, not rank or musty but 50 years of jazz history and like you say you don't want to really be using the case to much but I decided to "show off" with it one night on a session with our trumpet player, he was blown away by the smell as well!

And here is Fraser,s altos big brother!

Hi Fraser your probably the guy to ask I have a Yas 62 mk1 absolutely pristine as is the case is it worth selling to buy the silversonic remembering it's 1979 year I don't know that I wish to sell it but I never play it at all, I play my SML and Yani If anyone saw the Yamaha They would think it was bought yesterday case as well. anyone else feel free to throw in your tuppence worth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom