Tutorials

o'neill jaz method tenor/alto same?

ukwoody

Hi all, does anyone know if the tenor and alto book versions are the same but with different cds? I have the alto version but dont really want to buy a new copy for the tenor is it's only the cd thats different. If thats the case, I'll try to track down just the cd or a s/h copy.

thank you all

woody

rhysonsax

That's right - same book but different CDs for alto & tenor. I bought the book and the extra CD which used to be sold for quite a reasonable sum. I presume this is still the case.

Good luck with finding the CD.

Rhys

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
A pain in the butt, you can rip the cd to mp3 files and use a free program such as audacity to transpose the audio for each separate file from alto to tenor (or vice versa)save the files and burn a new cd.

I've done it for other similar publications.

OP
U

ukwoody

Hi Al, thanks for the suggestion I may have to resort to that! I have however emailed Shott (publishers) to see if I can buy just the CD (i don;'t hold out much hope but worth a shot)

I'll let you know how i get on

thanks
woody

Nick Cook

You could try getting in touch with Dawkes in Maidenhead. I asked them when I was thinking about getting a Tenor if I could just buy the CD. They said yes, but I still haven't done anything about it.

Top Bottom