support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

One Handed Sax

Amazing. I can still just about play with my right wrist and lower arm encased in a fibreglass cast (and a mate is going to attack the cast with a Dremel cutter tomorrow night so I can get more movement in my little finger). I think I'm battling on - that guy with the use of one arm deserves huge respect.

PS - I may be back to A&E tomorrow night asking them nicely to re-attach my right little finger..........

Yes he is, insn't he. Which is rather annoying in an odd way when I think how much time and effort I have to put in with two fully-functioning hands to less effect. Can't help thinking it should be rather easier than I make it.

Brilliant, I recall a thread about this guy a couple of years ago. What an inspiration he is. I'm really happy his determination and hard work paid off. Thanks Kev for finding this :)

I seem to recall reading about converted saxophones for one handed players in the post WWI period. It must take a high level of concentration to play one handed and a dedicated tech to design and build the horn.