support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

On the Sunny side of the Street

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Hi guy's and gall's. I haven't posted a decent sound clip for a while and I was messing around with this tune and thinking about taking the bari out on the streets for a busk!
I'd love to hear your feedback if you don't mind. I know I need to tidy up my ending, but other than that, what do you think?
Cheers one and all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. You'd have no problem busking with that one. It put me in a happy mood :)

That's a really nice sound you're making there. I like that tune a lot, too. If you're looking for suggestions, maybe you could bring out the longer notes a bit more (eg top note of the first phrase) so we can hear more of that lovely warm tone.

Hi Taz,
Hows it going mate? are you still playing by ear? sound's great! Hope you don't mind me asking but i've never heard the chorus in Sunny side of the Street played like that before. I figured you must be playing a different version, different but fits well. You will be getting a recording contract next.
All the best Rob.

Sounds great, and a great backing band as well. Who were they? I have the Tommy Dorsey 1935 version somewhere and I must get it out and have a listen.

Jim.

Hi Taz,
Hows it going mate? are you still playing by ear? sound's great! Hope you don't mind me asking but I've never heard the chorus in Sunny side of the Street played like that before. I figured you must be playing a different version, different but fits well. You will be getting a recording contract next.
All the best Rob.

Ha ha that made me laugh, I don't know the song very well and that chorus was made up on the spot. I think that answers your other question, yup, I'm still playing by ear and totally loving it. I've sort of decided to just say (a swearword) and do it my own way. As long as it doesn't sound too rubbish I don't mind.
Thanks Rob.

Jim I'm not sure who the band was I'm afraid, it was just a great sounding track with a nice feel to it! I'll try and find out for you.

Really nice, made me happy after the sadness of all the internet woes, getting ready to change servers and move the database across.

Thanks

Wow thanks Pete, that really is a compliment comming from you. I hope all goes well tomorrow!

That was an absolutely perfect break from the mundane'ity (is that a word? if not it darn well should be ! ) of php and css that has been filling my morning.

Lovely sound you are coaxing from that horn.

How did I miss that?
Too bogged down in what I was doing I s'pose.
:welldone