All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Old Newbie from Italy

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Maxortensi.

Your rugby team is coming along nicely too.

ENHOY!​™

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi Max,
Who doesn't love soul and funk?
Bologna eh? Hope your mama has some good recipes for us!
Welcome.
Andy

TomMapfumo

Hi everybody, I'm 48 and been playng for last 4 years.
I love soul and funky music
I assume you mean you play some sort of sax! A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the home of Dan Biggar, Alun Wyn Jones, Adam Jones, Richard
Hibbard, Ian Evans, Justin Tipuric and the boys, down by yer in Skabertawe, mind. As well as very many Italian Cafe's.

So who do you like in the Soul/Funk world - Maceo Parker and others?
Have a great time here!

Kind regards
Tom 'Six Nations' Mapfumo :thumb:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me too, we're just up the road and over the hill(s). Have fun!

maxortensi

Well, my ringing was quite poor, here is something more about me.
I started with tenor, but now I mainly play baritone.
Alto and soprano are mostly left on the wardrobe to get some dust.

I enjoy my free time with a soul-funk band named Bononia Sound Machine, where I'm the sound Engineer.
This band recently recorded a CD with some members of Tower of Power, which is my favourite band.
You can find more info on us at bsmband.com

As a player unfortunately I'm not at that level, though I made a substitution for the bari player on new year's eve in the major square of Ferrara in front of 30.000 people (luckyly they all were drunk)

As for the recipees, I'm sorry but the price is quite high : we already sold our Bolognese sauce recipee to Greg Adams in exchange for one of his horns arrangements

Starting playing at 45 gives you the opportunity to play with expensive toys, so my horns are way better than the player blowing in them :

my tenor is a 5 digit silver Mark VI, I previously owned a Rampone R1jazz and also have a Grassi profesional tenor form the 1980s.

Baritone is a Jupiter 593, but in a few days I'm going to buy a silver Rampone&Cazzani R1 jazz.
Unfortunately the R1jazz is quite expensive, so I had to sell my golden soprano (also a R&C R1 jazz) to get some money. At the moment soprano spot is empty (not for a long time.....)

Alto is a Martin stencil

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
so my horns are way better than the player blowing in them :
Mine too :) Ciao and enjoy your visit to the cafe and make mine a macchiato

Impressive collection you have there by the way

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the Café Max!

Here we go with the usual stereotypes about Italians:

Bologna eh? Hope your mama has some good recipes for us!
As a player unfortunately I'm not at that level, though I made a substitution for the bari player on new year's eve in the major square of Ferrara in front of 30.000 people (luckyly they all were drunk)

As for the recipees, I'm sorry but the price is quite high : we already sold our Bolognese sauce recipee to Greg Adams in exchange for one of his horns arrangements
On the other hand, if nobody tried the famous "salama da sugo", we should organize an official cafe trip to Ferrara to taste the local delicacy.
Incidentally art and culture are present too.

Disclaimer: "salama da sugo" is not Kosher, Halal, suitable for vegetarians or on lean days.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom