support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Old Git

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
Bill, you need to clear down your inbox. You're clearly so popular, and in such demand as the sage of Cafe Sax that your inbox is full.

Jon, it's not only his inbox. You can't get into his flat either. Mind you my house is as bad, with four adults. Thinking of moving into the garden as even the sheds are full.

It's all those scopes. He's got a forest of the things

I know Jon and he wants me to help him collect another of the things. I just have to stick with my cheap 4" Tasco Newton and a couple of decent eyepieces.

It's all those scopes. He's got a forest of the things

I worked with a man who had a lathe in his kitchen. He told me his mother had warned him he'd never keep a woman while he had a lathe in the kitchen, and he asked me if I agreed.
Interesting chat up line, I guess. :))) :w00t:

Carry on you two, have no objection to being slagged off.

Suing the Council destroys your life but decided to take it to the end. Gradually getting the flat back to lookable, not quite ready for others yet but give us a couple of weeks.

I worked with a man who had a lathe in his kitchen. He told me his mother had warned him he'd never keep a woman while he had a lathe in the kitchen, and he asked me if I agreed.

Remember my mother's horror when she opened the oven and discovered a Triumph Trials Cub crankcase in there. Did explain that the motor had been Gunked and washed before going in, the crankshaft had to come out for a new roller bearing big end and asked how else could I do it?

Never really understood her reaction but food does taste better Gunk flavoured.;};}

Remember my mother's horror when she opened the oven and discovered a Triumph Trials Cub crankcase in there. Did explain that the motor had been Gunked and washed before going in, the crankshaft had to come out for a new roller bearing big end and asked how else could I do it?

Never really understood her reaction but food does taste better Gunk flavoured.;};}

lol, I got to hate the taste of Gunk, somehow you could never get it off your fingers and it migrated onto your sandwiches. I can still smell it in my memories...

A friend of mine has a Suzuki Bandit 600 engine in his kitchen. Been there for two years. Remarkably, he's still married and none of his four children have left home either.

In North Manchester it was normal for guys to bring their bikes in at night. In the terraces this meant parking it in the hall. With a drip tray underneath, of course. Some nice kit used to stand there, probably still does.

Gunk......and Castrol R....Aaaah!

I used to decoke, polish ports, combustion chambers and the like for my dad's and friends' cars on the kitchen table. Also soldered my first radio with an iron heated on the gas stove. Now with surface mount components you need glasses and a magnifying glass just to see the things; always buy more than you need as once on the floor they're lost forever.
YC.

I got funny looks off married friends when I mentioned I had 2 V8 cylinder heads in the bath while I washed the Gunk off! I did put them on bath rubber mats so they didn't scratch the bath and I defy anyone to tell they had been in there :)

I got funny looks off married friends when I mentioned I had 2 V8 cylinder heads in the bath while I washed the Gunk off! I did put them on bath rubber mats so they didn't scratch the bath and I defy anyone to tell they had been in there :)

Now, you see, I don't see anything wrong with that. Must be my Northern upbringing. My lovely wife, on the other hand........

Only two V8 heads?
When living with my parents, in my bedroom I rebuilt two Triumph twin engines, a lovely desmo Ducati engine and a complete BSA B15, although the wheels had to come off to get it down the stairs.

The trickiest job though was the gearbox from our Cotton Telstar. The previous owner had asked his mate to overhaul the engine, but not touch the gearbox. This was said as he left Brands Hatch in an ambulance.
I was later presented with a cardboard box which contained most of the gearbox parts.
What a nightmare.
Everything was on loose needle rollers and would only work if accurately shimmed, so I'd assemble, find it didn't shift cleanly and as I disassembled all the rollers fell out, along with the shims.
Start again from scratch. Arghh
It wasn't wise to cut corners and just busk it because if you forgot you were in top and shifted up this box could shift 'up' to first and lock you up.

A Telstar? Wow, wasn't the "Mint" the works rider?

Takes me back to the days of Competition Secretary of a motorcycle club, having to go round apologising to residents after some prats had annoyed them by blasting past their Sunday slumbers on Villers 250cc engined based trials bikes with an enormous alloy barrel on top and a pipe with a bit of wire wool up it.

Suppose I'd better admit to owning a Scott. Now that could be noisy and you always needed sets of KLG 50s, 75s and 100s for town, mixed and open road running. More trouble than some two stroke racers, plus the way of telling which plug was fouled. Lick the right hand and dab it on the exhaust pipe, if you got a sizzle, that side was working. Licked the hand and then guess which twit touched the working side with his other other hand? Made even an Italian clutch seem comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom