Tutorials

Old dogs. . . new licks

Riversider

Hi there,

I'm a late bloomer who has been learning to read music and play the alto sax for almost a year now. This forum (and Pete's teaching material and DVD) has been really, really helpful all this time. So here's a 'doorbell' message to thank Pete and all the contributors to Cafe Saxophone —and to Sax on the Web as well. I'm really enjoying playing and practising (old dogs and new licks) and hope to take part in the forum in 2010. A happy new year to all, from frozen Scotland.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Riversider, welcome to the cafe. I don't know that I'd be licking any old dogs this year. Still, enjoy your sax. ;}

visionari1

Hello Riversider.
From the sunny south. New Zealand

late Bloomer....couldn't get there any sooner.

It's a line form a song I know.

Hope the weather has improved by May....ish!
I'm heading your way

Enjoy the late start.....it's better than no start!, It's all relative , as the butler said to the.......!

Good one Roger....do you get frosts in the Costa Blanca!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Rogerb

Hello Riversider.
From the sunny south. New Zealand

late Bloomer....couldn't get there any sooner.

It's a line form a song I know.

Hope the weather has improved by May....ish!
I'm heading your way

Enjoy the late start.....it's better than no start!, It's all relative , as the butler said to the.......!

Good one Roger....do you get frosts in the Costa Blanca!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool
We get one or two most years ...last year we had a brief SNOW flurry :shocked: and the first Winter I was here ('04/'05) was the coldest since 1954 and we had ice on the paddling pool until 11am one day !! (Killed-off some of my newly-planted hibiscus :( ) but mostly it's very pleasant.

OP
Riversider

Riversider

Louis Jordan

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. It's odd, but I feel that I already know some of you, having been following the forum since it was on the Breakfast Room.

Good new year listening, highly recommended for parties: my son gave me the box set of Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five CDs for Christmas and they are a great good-time / feel-good jump-band musical treat for this freezing January. Lou plays mean little jazz riffs too, and in the earlier 1938 recordings, a sweet and mellow C melody saxophone. Caldonia! Mop!

Top Bottom