Tutorials

OK, you have your beans back

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
I have listened...the poll showed that people want the beans as a background rather than in the header.

So I've been trying to find a good colour for the header.

Currently it's a kind of beige, but I don't thin it's great. The idea was it would be cappuccino coloured, but it doesn't seem to sit well with the beans.

I tried black, too doomy, I tried white, too dazzling. I tried grey. Too boring and grey.

Any ideas?

Over to you forum people. Any expert graphic designers out there?

I have listened...the poll showed that people want the beans as a background rather than in the header.

So I've nee trying to find a good colour for the header.

Currently it's a kind of beige, but I don't thin it's great. The idea was it would be cappuccino coloured, but it doesn't seem to sit well with the beans.

I tried black, too doomy, I tried white, too dazzling. I tried grey. Too boring and grey.

Any ideas?

Over to you forum people. Any expert graphic designers out there?
Hi Pete

I don't know if this is posible or desirable, but the header would look more 'coffee like' if you used a two colour horizontal shading from a deep bean brown to white to imitate coffee with froth. It may look disgusting, but it may be what you are looking for.

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Hi Pete

I don't know if this is posible or desirable, but the header would look more 'coffee like' if you used a two colour horizontal shading from a deep bean brown to white to imitate coffee with froth. It may look disgusting, but it may be what you are looking for.
Actually I thin k I tried that a while back, a sort of dark brown to beige gradient.

I also tried some actual froth, but it looked very like a sort of "off the shelf template stock photo" kind of thing.

I'll see if I can dig that gradient thing out again though.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I'm quite happy with the beige, you don't look at it that much, but it's restful on the eye and not too striking. Sorry, I think I'm sat firmly on the fence.

Top Bottom