All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones OK I did it all wrong

dooce

Oh wow - it's a "Raven" tenor, just like mine. Do you use the dark nickel crook or the frosted silver one? I would love to use the silver one - it just has an overwhelming "bling" factor, but I have to admit the nickel one works best for me.

Did it come in an OTT black mock-croc case as mine did? I've had to consign mine to the attic because the brass corner protectors were knocking lumps out of my car boot every time I used it - the sax now lives in the Protec case that I bought for my old Conn.

I presume you know Cannonballs website - http://www.cannonballmusic.com/
Lots of interesting stuff on there including recommended altissimo fingerings. There is also dedicated section of saxontheweb here - http://www.saxontheweb.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=103

PS - love the outfit - do you go on stage wearing that :w00t:

Amaranth

Oh wow - it's a "Raven" tenor, just like mine. Do you use the dark nickel crook or the frosted silver one? I would love to use the silver one - it just has an overwhelming "bling" factor, but I have to admit the nickel one works best for me.

Did it come in an OTT black mock-croc case as mine did? I've had to consign mine to the attic because the brass corner protectors were knocking lumps out of my car boot every time I used it - the sax now lives in the Protec case that I bought for my old Conn.

I presume you know Cannonballs website - http://www.cannonballmusic.com/
Lots of interesting stuff on there including recommended altissimo fingerings. There is also dedicated section of saxontheweb here - http://www.saxontheweb.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=103

PS - love the outfit - do you go on stage wearing that :w00t:

Yes to all your questions, it is a Raven, I use the Nickel Crook (the Silver seems less mellow/smooth?), It did come in the case with the brass corners but it would never fit in my Walstein lightweight case as the Bell is larger. Re the Pink on stage bit - not as a rule, although I did yesterday at practice just to wake em up!
Usually I blend into the background - musically too due to the Amplified electric guitars and er "enthusiastic" Drummer but I'm seriously considering digging my daughters old guitar amp out and buying my own Mic although this Sax is MUCH louder than my old one.
Thanks for the replies.
Aly

dooce

The CB has a big bell, as does the Conn10M, so it will not fit a "standard" modern case - but if you are not putting it in the back of a car 2-3 times a week as I do, there's nothing wrong with the original case - and it is almost as eye-catching as the sax it contains.

I would strongly recommend that you get amp'ed up for playing against an electric band - otherwise you will just wind up blowing the horn too hard which is a) hard work and b) just kills your tone and dynamics.

Glad you are enjoying it - I've had mine 4 months now and I get as much pleasure out of owning it and playing it as the day I brought it home.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlanU

Amaranth, have you seen the video on U-tube where jessiethejoker unpacks her new Cannonball?
I think it's fun to see her excitement and enthusiasm.

Amaranth

Amaranth, have you seen the video on U-tube where jessiethejoker unpacks her new Cannonball?
I think it's fun to see her excitement and enthusiasm.
Very good - I was just as keen driving home withit in the back of the Land Rover - I couldn't quite reach back to keep my hand on the case so I made Gary :)

Linky Lee

just to let you know. Dawkes in Maidenhead near Reading seem to be a cannonball dealer. They had quite a selection last time I went there, amongst others too.

It's a reasonably nice shop, and well kitted out but always a tad more expensive than anywhere else.

Top Bottom