All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

Ohhhh, I get to be first!!!

GJ77

I’ve suddenly found myself enjoying Le Carre’s books, particularly the classics: ‘The Spy Who Came In From The Cold’ and ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’.

Possibly my favourite novel is This Thing Of Darkness by Harry Thompson, it’s a historical novel about Robert Fitzroy, captain of The Beagle, which took Darwin on his first expeditions where his initial research gave rise to Origins Of The Species. The book deals with Fitzroy’s depression and his struggle with reconciling his faith and belief in creationism, with the evidence of evolution. Anyway, I’ve just made it seem incredibly dry, but it isn’t.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
I cut my reading teeth on my Dad's book shelf when I was a teenager. Lots of Spy and Wartime thrillers - Le Carre, Len Deighton, Nicholas Monsarrat, Alistair Maclean. Great reading memories. Made me feel like a grown up ;)

OP
GJ77

GJ77

I cut my reading teeth on my Dad's book shelf when I was a teenager. Lots of Spy and Wartime thrillers - Le Carre, Len Deighton, Nicholas Monsarrat, Alistair Maclean. Great reading memories. Made me feel like a grown up ;)
With the benefit of hindsight, who’d ever want to feel like a grown up? It sucks.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
With the benefit of hindsight, who’d ever want to feel like a grown up? It sucks.
I guess that depends on whether you feel like a grown up who sucks? I don't, though granted I may suck at many things..

dooce

My lovely aunt had an amazing collection of books when I was just about started to get interested in adult reading - JG Ballard, Ray Bradbury, Graham Greene, Joseph Conrad, Le Carre - all of which were significant in forming my reading tastes. Still have many of her books on my shelves.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom