All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Oh my gawd - it's Fi! She's back!

Heya all! How're you?

I picked up my sax for the first time in about a month today, and was really chuffed with the outcome.

Also guys, I have given up smoking. It's been nine weeks and about five days!

So what have you lot been up to?!

Best wishes, Fi xx

llamedos

Welcome back and many congratulations on giving up the demon weed! Also delighted to hear that your temporary lay-off has not harmed your saxophonic prowess - just hope the studies are progressing well. At a guess, I would say from experience that if you have survived for nine weeks plus you've got it cracked. Keep it up.

Dave

Will do mate (llamedos), though will start studies on Oct 2nd. Yep, exactly - hoping to break my 12 week record. :)

Thanks Jeanette. I can't stop thinking about sax... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
I thought the air smelt a little fresher! Well done on quitting! That's the first big step, so give yourself a big pat on the back. :cheers::clapping::happydance:

AndyG

Well done on giving up the cigs, bet you feel better for it now, I know I do having given up myself too about 6 months ago.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Then well done to both of you. Glad I never started!

What's been happening here - the usual. lots of highly intellecual discussions about saxophone design, turbulence, MkVIs, artists. Really boring. What've you been doing when you're not thinking about sax?

jbtsax

Subscriber
Welcome back. Way to go on the quitting smoking. I started smoking when I was 13 and didn't quit until I was 53---the morning of my quadruple bypass surgery. For some people it takes what it takes.

It is relatively easy to quit smoking (I did it hundreds of times :)). The hard part is to stay quit. Some very important advice shared with me by a friend. Don't think of yourself as a smoker who just isn't smoking at the present time. Think of yourself as a non-smoker. When you get the occasional craving to have a cigarette, think "what a ridiculous thought for a non-smoker to have. It works.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Eyup young 'un. Glad you're back.
Superglue, that'll help you quit smoking (and eating and talking).
Good on you keep it up.
Andy

trimmy

One day i will...
Pleased your back :) and well done on giving up on the filthy, disgusting, smelly, useless, habit (can you tell i'm a non-smoker) and think of all that extra cash for sax related gear, GAS >:)

BigMartin

Superglue, that'll help you quit smoking (and eating and talking).
Unfortunately, it also stops you doing important things like whistling, singing and (gulp!) playing the saxophone.

Welcome back, Fi, and welcome also to the ranks of the ex-smokers.

Pleased your back :) and well done on giving up on the filthy, disgusting, smelly, useless, habit (can you tell i'm a non-smoker) and think of all that extra cash for sax related gear, GAS >:)
Very true - am going to a music shop tomorrow - definitely gas. :D

Zeus

Welcome back, congratulations for setting yourself free, and enjoy life to the fullest, breathing pure sax air.
Don't yield and kneel to it again. Cause that's what smoking is, in the final analysis, yielding in the face of danger, or giving ground for instant gratification.
You weren't born with it, so you can live without it:thumb:

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Welcome back, Fi.
I hope you're ready for your studies in a few weeks time.
And congratulations on giving up the evil weed.
As a non-smoker, I can't imagine how hard it is to give up, so well done.
However as a chocoholic, who had to give up that in order to lose 3.5 stones, I have an idea :D

Good to have you back :welldone

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom