Oh, **** it

jonf

Well, I feel like a right prat, and sore to boot. Had a typical Sunday afternoon lunch, with a group of friends. A few bottles of vino were despatched, so to clear heads, took a friend's mutt for a walk. Dog was fine, kids were fine, then I decided to have a go on youngest daughter's scooter. Result? Fell off, ripped favourite leather jacket, bashed head and smashed up my right hand. No more sax playing for a day or two. Not sure about getting my bike gloves on tomorow either. Oh bum!

RedBottom

Did anyone have a camcorder with them? You might make a few quid on You've Been Framed.

Hope you're better soon, Jon.

Young Col

That'll be sore in the morning Jon! But unless you're highly proficient at left hand typing it sounds like your right fingers are OK.
I fell off a sea wall once in similar circumstances. Just enough water to break my fall but get me very wet.
Colin

AndyG

I know how you feel.
Last summer walked across recreational area to get home from a few Guinesses at the local pub.
Somehow I ended up on the seesaw in the childrens recreational area, only to fall off and smash my face on the solid metal bar fracturing my cheekbone.
Next day my workmate asked " what the hell happened to you", and I replied that as much as I would like to say I got in a fight with 4 big blokes the truth is I fell off a seesaw.
He laughed all day and I decided that childrens toys are best left to the children.
Still, I can laugh about it now but ouch....not at the time.
Hope you make a speedy recovery

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
must be the season for it. I'm hopping round the place due to injuries to my left ankle while enthusiastically joining my 4 year old son on a climbing frame a few days ago....!

OP
jonf

jonf

Well, I suppose things are looking up a bit. I'm pleased to be in such excellent company, and at least it wasn't as bad as AndyG's bust cheekbone. And also, in the cold light of day, or sobriety, to put it another way, I see that it's actually my left hand, not right. Although I'm still pretty sore, can't make a fist and have discovered numerous other aches and pains, I think I might actually get a gentle tootle out of the alto later on.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I just thoroughly distrubed myself by not having my glasses on and reading your last post as containing the phrase "genital tootle"!!!

RedBottom

Bloke I used to work with once did the classic toddler-sucker-toy-on-forehead thing. Came to work sporting a great big red blob in the middle of his forehead. Only thing is, he was deputy head of a secondary school at the time.:blush:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ah yes, I remember it well...well, some of it anyway. Er, actually I don't remember the bit between doing the deed and waking up in the local casualty department!
It all started down the pub! Enough said? No of course not, you morbid lot want to know all about it don't you? Well like I said me and a few mates were in the boozer (luckily about 20 years ago) It was a nice sunny afternoon and I'd had sufficient alcohol to know that it was time for the long walk home (a couple of miles actually.)
At the top of the hill I came across my neighbours children playing with their new skateboards! :blush: "I used to have one of them!" I said bravely. "Show us what you can do then"
So that was it, the challenge was on, so I leapt onto this board, did a few "Tick tacks" and then started my descent of the hill, only in my alcohol deadened mind, I forgot how to stop! :shocked: Faster and faster I went, careering down the freshly laid tarmac until, like magic, the wheels came to rest upon a tiny little pebble that I had failed to observe! Well, the board stopped alright. Me? Oh no, I was destined to travel another thirty feet! (20 of which would have made Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards proud) Sadly, as the Wright brothers were to discover, to maintain level flight you need several vital ingredients of which I had all but the wings!
I landed on my face but luckily.....ha ha luckily I rolled into a ball. I don't remember this bit, but my neighbour told me all about it when I got home three days later! Concussion and gravel rash...Who needs it ;}

RedBottom

Well, the board stopped alright. Me? Oh no, I was destined to travel another thirty feet! (20 of which would have made Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards proud) Sadly, as the Wright brothers were to discover, to maintain level flight you need several vital ingredients of which I had all but the wings!
Hahahahahaha! Reminds me of when my youngest, all of ten, came off his skateboard in an early attempt at what I can only describe as skeleton bob on wheels. Split his forehead open and had to go to hospital. Conversation went thus:

Doctor: Well then, young man, what happened to you?
Sonny Boy: I fell off my skateboard.
Doctor: How did that happen?
Sonny Boy: The skateboard stopped and I didn't.
Doctor: Ah, so you hit something, then?
Sonny Boy: Yeah.
Doctor: So what did you hit?
Sonny Boy: The ground!

Doctor exits cubicle and comes back five later when he's finally stopped laughing. :)

Top Bottom