support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Off to Frankfurt

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
I'm just off to the Musikmesse, please behave while I'm away.

(I'll be logging in anyway to report on the latest ligatures and upload embarrassing photos of Stephen Howard)

Hi Pete,

Have fun, if you come across booth 1.1 B28 have a quick look at the new range of saxes by AIZEN, I came across then when looking for an alto mouthpiece and noticed they've just started making saxes as well: Aizen

Looking forward to hearing about your ligature adventures!

Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited:
It's the fact that they have soldered tone holes that piqued my interest, I don't know if that's soldered on chimney like some high end flutes, or just soldered on rolled tone hole like the Keilwerth's but if you get a chance to look at one I'd be interested to hear what you and Stephen think.

Best wishes,

Chris

been left holding the fort at sax.co.uk.... all the others have gone to frankfurt..... :(

I just got back from Barcelona late last night, mind you i was there looking at bits of meat, hams etc, not as glamorous as the Musikmesse. Still at least i did not go hungry. Don't worry Pete all will be taken care of...

It's the fact that they have soldered tone holes that piqued my interest, I don't know if that's soldered on chimney like some high end flutes, or just soldered on rolled tone hole like the Keilwerth's but if you get a chance to look at one I'd be interested to hear what you and Stephen think.

Best wishes,

Chris

My Olds Super tenor (think it's a stencil made by Martin, c.1933) has soldered tone holes. Sounds great, albeit the intonation's not up to modern standards on some notes. Technology goes in cycles too, doesn't it?

Nick

Oh...perfect time for a raid then!;}:mrcool

Unless you stop usurping CaSLM territory with remarks like that, we'll issue a contract on you as soon as you land.

Typical All Black.

I just got back from Barcelona late last night, mind you i was there looking at bits of meat, hams etc, not as glamorous as the Musikmesse. .
Don't know- the idea of strolling round the Barrrio Gothico checking out the chorizo sounds pretty damn good at the moment! :)

Why don't we all take it in turns to ring saxco and see if we can drive Jules to distraction.

If we get him shredded enough, we'll all have large discounts. :)

Saw the title of this thread and wondered what the verb 'to frankfurt' entails. Have fun what ever you are doing.

Why don't we all take it in turns to ring saxco and see if we can drive Jules to distraction.

If we get him shredded enough, we'll all have large discounts. :)
Ha- I've got one four year old son, an eight week old daughter... it takes a lot to rattle me!

Item on 'Today', BBC Radio 4 today about Frankfurt au Main and the European Bank. They are holding meetings regarding the Greek financial crisis.

Do you suppose Pete and Stephen are only using their saxophones as a front and that they really are bankers?

Do you suppose Pete and Stephen are only using their saxophones as a front and that they really are bankers?

I sincerely hope that you are not using that strange London rhyming argot again.:shocked:

Of course not. No connection with J. Arthur or Barclays whatsoever, with the exception of finance, obviously.

Item on 'Today', BBC Radio 4 today about Frankfurt au Main

Oh really Bill you must brush up on your prepositions. Surely it must be Frankfurt AM Main.
(Thanks for the lessons in mindless pedantry. Am I doing OK?)