Off to Frankfurt

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
I'm just off to the Musikmesse, please behave while I'm away.

(I'll be logging in anyway to report on the latest ligatures and upload embarrassing photos of Stephen Howard)

Chris98

Hi Pete,

Have fun, if you come across booth 1.1 B28 have a quick look at the new range of saxes by AIZEN, I came across then when looking for an alto mouthpiece and noticed they've just started making saxes as well: Aizen

Looking forward to hearing about your ligature adventures!

Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited:

Chris98

It's the fact that they have soldered tone holes that piqued my interest, I don't know if that's soldered on chimney like some high end flutes, or just soldered on rolled tone hole like the Keilwerth's but if you get a chance to look at one I'd be interested to hear what you and Stephen think.

Best wishes,

Chris

thehunt

I just got back from Barcelona late last night, mind you i was there looking at bits of meat, hams etc, not as glamorous as the Musikmesse. Still at least i did not go hungry. Don't worry Pete all will be taken care of...

saxnik

It's the fact that they have soldered tone holes that piqued my interest, I don't know if that's soldered on chimney like some high end flutes, or just soldered on rolled tone hole like the Keilwerth's but if you get a chance to look at one I'd be interested to hear what you and Stephen think.

Best wishes,

Chris
My Olds Super tenor (think it's a stencil made by Martin, c.1933) has soldered tone holes. Sounds great, albeit the intonation's not up to modern standards on some notes. Technology goes in cycles too, doesn't it?

Nick

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I just got back from Barcelona late last night, mind you i was there looking at bits of meat, hams etc, not as glamorous as the Musikmesse. .
Don't know- the idea of strolling round the Barrrio Gothico checking out the chorizo sounds pretty damn good at the moment! :)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Why don't we all take it in turns to ring saxco and see if we can drive Jules to distraction.

If we get him shredded enough, we'll all have large discounts. :)
Ha- I've got one four year old son, an eight week old daughter... it takes a lot to rattle me!

Top Bottom