All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Now I've gone and done it....

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
I have decided to attend a local training orchestra session on 14th July. :shocked:

Inspired by Navarro and on a roll from a better than average lesson last night (I actually managed to play most of the right notes with my tutor, as some may recall this was something I was struggling with). As the session is called the light orchestra for the terrified it should suit me down to the ground.

I am only posting here so that you can all hold me to it and I can't back out last minute.;}

Thank you

Jx

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
You miss this and the German Panzers will be on your doorstep, I bet OG will have the CaSLM there as well....

BigMartin

Well done. And if you want to play some jazz, I play in a similarly low-pressure jazz group in Fallowfield on Thursday evenings (hang on --- that's today. I'd better get some housework done!). No web page I'm afraid (I'm supposed to be making one but haven't got round to it yet) but let me know if you want details.

Kingsleyhk

You'll love it! At the tender age of 59, I moved to Australia and was invited (actually coerced - I hadn't played in years) to join the local youth orchestra. The MD was one of the best session sax players in OZ (Mal Cunningham for any Aussies out there but retired). We had a blast - Mal did the arrangements, the kids passed through on their way to university, and we old farts (is that OK?) were the keel of the boat. I really miss that.

Pyrografix

Senile Member
:welldone:welldone:welldone
Making the decision to go is probably the hardest step! That conquered, now go along and enjoy it - I'm sure you'll have fun!

Justin Chune

Don't miss this and don't have sleepless nights. Look forward to it as you are going to love every minute.

Jim.

right we`ll be round your house to trail you to it.... 14th wasnt it ?
cant believe youre only thinking of it now
excellent
have a great time

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Thanks to all for the encouragement and support. I will let you know how it goes.:)

Jx

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
We need to see a signed and stamped certificate of participation. Otherwise...... >:)

navarro

Good for you Jeanette you will find as I did, this a great boost to your confidence. Once you get over the first session and to use a phrase see the lye of the land you can only progress.

One little difficulty I did encounter was getting copies of the scores. I literally spent hours cajoling fellow members to lend me theirs then photocopying them.

Anyway good luck, if an old codger like me can do it I`m sure you can.

By the way we had our first public concert last night which apart from me missing a coda sequence went swimmingly.

Our repertoire included "Stolen Moments" Blue Trane" "Song for my Father" then a selection of what I call crowd pleaser's `James Bond Theme` `Peter Gunn` etc. (crowd pleaser's how arrogant of me.) Best wishes and good luck I will follow your progress from my hideaway in sunny (I hope) Spain. Regds N.:thumb:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
The more you play jazz you will start to see all the wrong notes you play now are really the wright notes:)))

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
You miss this and the German Panzers will be on your doorstep, I bet OG will have the CaSLM there as well....

You can call them off I went, no certificate sorry :(

But it was fab, a lovely group of people, I was rubbish but wasn't made to feel inadequate, next one 11th August and yes I am going. :happydance:

Jx

trimmy

One day i will...
Well done Jeanette, i have contacted a member on here about joining the band he is in, so i can get some much needed experience and confidence building :)

Well done :welldone

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Well done Jeanette, i have contacted a member on here about joining the band he is in, so i can get some much needed experience and confidence building :)

Well done :welldone
Go for it, I am sure you won't regret it.

Jx

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom