All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Nov 2014 Song of the Month - Big Band Blues

King Casey

Nice try Luc. I think you got locked into some syncopated patterns which made it sound a bit like exercising.
If I was a teacher, I could put my finger on how to get around it. All I can say is to try breaking it down into smaller 2 bar phrases.
cheers, Mark.

• Thanks
Reactions: Luc

jimmylh

Good effort Luc. I may post something if I can come up with anything decent.

• Thanks
Reactions: Luc

thomsax

Yes, let's hope we get more recordings. Lots of nice Texas blues here. I'll give it a try next week. I can't record with a computer so I've to use a PA and mix my sax into a mixer. My recorder is a Zoom 1. Hope to post something next week.

King Casey

Hi Rhys. thanks for the feedback (and Thom).
I'm experimenting with Sonar X2 after using Sonar 8 for a long time. I much prefer Sonar 8 reverb.
My hardware has largely remained unchanged for the last 3-4 years. I have a Behringer FCA202 linked to my PC via firewire cable. I also use a Behringer Xenyx 1002FX mixing console.
The mike is a Sennheiser MD421 II.
jimmy: Like how you kept it simple and had a measured approach. Faded out way too soon.
Sidney Bechet: Injecting some sophistication? For some reason Dropbox won't play the whole track.
cheers, Mark.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hey guys it's nearly time to begin the new SotM thread. First of all a big thanks to Rhys :clapping:for being host this time round on this first sub-forum. Also to each of you that has posted a version:clapping::thumb:. As it's December next we might do a Christmas song, we'll wait and see if the new host picks one:)

Chris...

thomsax

I hope it's ok to post a sound clip of "Big Band Blues" in December as well? Work and other musical things didn't allow me to record in November.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom