All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

Not strictly sax, more flute, but still interesting...

Chris98

...well for me at least.

The other evening I decided to mooch around on the internet and after following various links I arrived at The Real Flute Project and ended up watching a lot of the tutorial videos available on the site. From there I found my way over to James Galway’s website and then onto Youtube where there is a series of master-class clips that I found fascinating to watch.

Okay, so I don’t play the flute, in fact my first and only experience with one involved a lot of laughing as my friend struggled to help me achieve at least one note, needless to say we gave up, I had a similar experience just recently trying to get a note out of his French horn. But anyway, coming back to these videos, I actually found a lot of the advice really interesting and although directed at flute players I could relate to a lot of it and made me rethink a few things and my approach to the saxophone.

So I’m sorry this isn’t directly saxophone related but on the off chance that others might find the videos interesting I thought I put up this post.

I think I worried Kate (my teacher) today during my lesson when I asked her how hard it was to learn the flute. She said something along the lines of, didn’t I already have an alto and tenor saxophone as well as a clarinet to master! But it was a little noisy and I might have been slightly distracted so on second thoughts I think she said, go for it you'd love it ;}

All the best,

Chris

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom