Tutorials

Reeds Not selling Rico tenor reeds

Tommy Ng

I went to a shop in leeds to get some Rico tenor reeds and was told that they don't do it as they cost the same as other reeds (probably Rico royal).

They might cost the same but they sound very much different. I find that Rico and metal otto work quite well together, quite fat and punchy.

:(

dooce

Seems very strange. The one reed you can almost guarantee to get in any music shop, even those full of guitars and drums and run by tatooed neanderthal heavy rock addicts, is a Rico.

TomMapfumo

So do people in the North still walk into shops to buy reeds - I thought everyone got them online at Reeds Direct or similar. ;}:w00t:

You learn something new every day, chuck!

(I mentioned this to my grandad, and he smiled fondly into his mug of Ovaltine.........)

Regards as always
Tom:cool:

£100 Olds Ambassador Bb/F Trombone (1966)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tommy Ng

Tommy Ng

So do people in the North still walk into shops to buy reeds - I thought everyone got them online at Reeds Direct or similar. ;}:w00t:

You learn something new every day, chuck!

(I mentioned this to my grandad, and he smiled fondly into his mug of Ovaltine.........)

Regards as always
Tom:cool:

£100 Olds Ambassador Bb/F Trombone (1966)
Your trombone is cheaper than my sax :welldone

OP
Tommy Ng

Tommy Ng

Luckily i bought 4 rico reeds from sheehans yesterday online. Only £1 or £1 something each. They only give discount on Rico tenor, not alto or clarinet. I think there is something happening to Rico tenor.

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom