support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Not exactly a recipe...

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
..But my other half roasted some parsnips the other day with little chopped bits of pancetta (though smoked bacon would do, if it was a bit salty). I'd never come across that combo before but it's absolutely gorgeous...

Sounds delicious ..... You can also chop fresh marjoram and blend it with olive oil. Let the parsnips soak in the majoram-oil a while before you roast or grill it. You can treat parsnips smaller brother parsley-root ? (sw. persiljerot) the same way. I believe you have lots of herbs and vegetables on the south-coast? Panchetta = ham?

Thomas

A variation on the theme. Blanch some parsnips in boiling water for a few minutes. Pat dry. Wrap in slices of parma or similar wafer thin continental ham. Rub a little olive oil over them. Roast. Yum. Kids love these.

Additionally - cook 2 sliced onions and some smoked bacon pieces in butter. After 10 mins add 1/4 finely sliced green cabbage (of choice) and cook for a while. Then add some peas and some water/lemon juice and reduce until liquid is almost gone, adding some black pepper/salt before serving. Good mixed with pasta, with some Parmesan.

My parsnip treat is to cut them like chips and double fry them. Once out of the heat they become quite crisp, and then I dip them in Curry sauce (Parschips!)

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Love me parsnips in honey and rosemerry,yum yum,will try the ham also.I love Brussel sprouts with chunky ham cubes and sesame seeds a,fry the ham in olive oil,add sprouts and seeds,bloody lush it is.

Back
Top Bottom