All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

North European Jazz Pt34............new release!

TomMapfumo

Hi Dudes!

I have just acquired a new release CD by "Meadow", called "Blissful Ignorance" - just out on Edition records. Meadow is a Trio of Tore Brunberg (Sax), John Taylor (Piano) and Thomas Stronen (Drums). For any lovers of Jan Garbarek this is a very worthwhile release, and interesting to hear a set up without Double Bass as a constituent part. Brunberg is labelled as a disciple of Garbarek and has written nearly all the tunes. Amazon stock it for £8.99, and it is a beautiful CD in the ECM vein.

It is quite a reflective album in many ways, very relaxed, and has had some excellent reviews. Tore plays both Soprano and Tenor Sax, and his playing is very lyrical indeed.
Big recommendation - have a look on the Edition records website www.editionrecords.com

Kind regards
Tom

Two Voices

Thanks Tom! I started listening too more and more of Jan Garbarek, after you mentioned it to me a little while back.

I found Blissful Ignorance by Meadow on iTunes and sounds very good so decided to download it :D Love listening to anything that has a Soprano in it at the moment!

TomMapfumo

Hi Paul!

If you love soprano it would be worth your while listening to the Portico Quartet, especially their "Knee Deep in the North Sea" CD. I saw them live in Pontardawe last spring - lovely sound!

Kind regards
Tom

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom