Tutorials

Non-Sax related Mac query (sorry guys)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
A quick mac query for you mac using fellows. As I've said before, I'm normally a PC user but spend a bit of time getting baffled by the quirks of Macs.
OK- burning discs of photos, from IPhoto, to take into Jessops to print. If i use the default burning system in Iphoto you end up with 2 copies of each image on the disc, one of which is a thumbnail. Using the viewer in Jessops it's extremely difficult to tell which is which is which & there's the risk of ending up with everytihng twice- half as very low-rez prints.
Is there a way to prevent the Iphoto burning system adding thumbnails? Or is there any other easy way to get round this?
Any advice appreciated...

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
I use Toast however I don't think there is a freeware version so you could export the photos you want to burn into a new folder and burn using your own CD/DVD software. Hope that helps :)

OP
Jules

Jules

I use Toast however I don't think there is a freeware version so you could export the photos you want to burn into a new folder and burn using your own CD/DVD software. Hope that helps :)
I suppose exporting them's the answer- strange, it renders Iphoto's own burner pretty much redundant....

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
I've never used the built in burner - I'm sure it's fine and I believe the thumbnails are only printed like a contact sheet and not as full pictures when using a service like Jessops.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
When you go to burn in ipHoto, you get a warning that this is just for other macs. If you are going to send them to the dark side ( >:) ), then I suggest exporting to a folder then burning from that direct in the finder.

They do this "burn direct from an app thing" which does make it much easier in some circumstances (e.g. if everyone in the world uses a mac), but best to just do the standard thing.

OP
Jules

Jules

And they tell me Macs are more user friendly than PCs. >:)
by and large they're great- but there are a some very annoying things, usually relating to how they handle photos and graphic images. Stability wise they win hands down. I bought a PC laptop and my wife bought a mac laptop at the roughly same time- the mac has had no noticeable slowdown over 3 years whereas the PC's had to be reformatted twice!

Top Bottom