M/Pieces - Ligs No-name mouthpiece

Andante cantabile

My new Phil Barone tenor (described elsewhere in this forum) came with a no-name mouthpiece. I ignored it it at first, but about three weeks ago I decided to give it a try. It turned out to be surprisingly good for my purposes anyway.

It resembles the Yamaha C6 (perhaps even the C7) closely, but I haven't made any detailed comparison. I have to play it with a Rico #2 or Fibracell Soft. Normally I prefer a more narrow tip opening, and then I use a Rico Royal #2.5. I only play classical music.

I wouldn't recommend the purchase of a no-name mouthpiece, but there seem to be some good ones out there.

OP
A

Andante cantabile

You certainly have a point a replacement for a no-name mouthpiece being hard to track down. Whether they wear down more quickly than others I do not know.

I suppose that in the short term breakage is the main problem why an otherwise suitable mouthpiece would have to be replaced. Dropping one on a hard floor is bound to have an effect. I have seen pictures of mouthpieces that appeared to have their end chewed off. I assume that this is a longer-term effect.

I hazard to guess, however, that a change to another saxophone may be a more frequent cause of mouthpiece changes, and then it is quite possible that something different will do the job better.

Sunray

Nowhere to be found ...

My Only gripe is that because they are often made of cheap plastic they wear quickly and can`t be replaced as you have no Brand to hunt down.
Have you tried to get a replacement here:

The Store with No-Name
Unknown Street
Hidden City
Nowhere

Tel: 0000 000 0000

Email Nobody@no-named.co.uk

PS good Luck with your search ... >:)

Top Bottom