support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

nihao from taiwan

taiwanpaul

Hello or Nihao as one says across here!
Have been following the BR forum for a while and finally got round to joining. My name is Paul, born and bred in Blighty, but travelled and have ended up in Taiwan. Been playing the sax for about 12 years and just wish I had more time to practise!
Many thanks to Pete for an amazing site and to other members for their input.
Regards to all, Paul.

Hi Paul and welcome to the site

Mamos

Hi Paul,

Welcome. Those lazy buggers in Blighty are still asleep.

Nice to have someone else on the site that is this side of the world, even though you're a few thousand kms away!

What's the scene like in Taiwan? Many gigs? Many venues?

Kind regards,

Josh.

Welcome to the forum Paul, my suggestion for your problem of not enough time to practice your sax is..... dump your job! :w00t: There you go, now you have more than enough time for the important things in life :)))

Welcome Paul. Waking up slowly here in Blighty, but for those of us who are retired, we just don't need to rush.....!
Colin

Welcome Paul and don't take any notice of Young Col. When you get to my time of life......sorry, got to go off for a lie down.

Enjoy.

Good to have you aboard. What's the sax scene like over there?

Welcome Paul to the Breakfast Room forum, the best and kewlest!:mrcool

Thanks for your welcomes.
The Taiwan scene.....most of the big cities have a pretty active music scene, with a wide variety of music being played by natives and foreigners alike. I spent about 9 years in Thailand, and would say that the scene in 5 or 6 cities in Taiwan is much, much better than Bangkok!

Jazz is becoming increasingly popular, many of the sax players try their best with be-bop and tend to think the faster the better!

Played myself in a few bands, the last being a 9 man reggae / ska band with 4 man horn section (2 saxes, trumpet and bone). Great fun...although late nights, travel and age now means that except for an occasional wedding / company do I don't really gig too much!

Hello Paul, form Grenada in the West Indies.

I'm envious of your 4 piece horn section!

Martin

Welcome Paul from Vancouver Island. BC. Home of ........... oh well I will remember:mrcool:mrcool

¡Hola! Paul, welcome to the BR from Spain. I think there are a few members still left in Blighty!!! Have fun here ...

Ni (knee) hao (how) try it when you next go to the chinese takeaway....they will like it for sure!!

As for the price of equipment....like everywhere a wide range. However, student saxes you can pick up for less than 200 quid and also some good saxes without name engraved on them you can get remarkably cheap! Once the name has been engraved and shipped, then you have to pay much more in GB!

A while ago the QA / salesman was giving some good deals on Paul Mauriat (no shipping costs, import duty and retailers profit), but I didn't buy one.

About 60-70% of the world's student saxes are made in Taiwan and it's a thriving business here.

Other equipment, mpcs, reeds etc are all imported, so more expensive!

Hi Paul,
Nowt to do with sax but yesterday I was amazed to meet a family from Taiwan in my little Cumbrian village all videoing my dogs!!!I think I may have offended them by asking "are you from Japan"!! he he he>:)

Welcome to the Breakfastroom.
I'm on your side of the world, but over the otherside of Australia.....New Zealand
Cheers
Jimu

Hi Paul and welcome. I am living in Laos so generally in the same regional area type thing, Just checked GoogleEarth and i am about 2,100 km away from Taipei which is roughly the distance from London to Moscow, but it still feels like we are neighbours.
Have a good time on BR.
Al

Back
Top Bottom