All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

M/Pieces - Ligs Next time you think you need a new mouthpiece watch this.

Pete Effamy

That’s crazy. His playing is great. The mouthpiece obviously allows him to play like that, but the finish is really rough and the side walls really thick with a very thin tip. What do you make of it @Phil ?

OP
D

Dibbs

I'd like to hear him play something known to be terrible. I suspect he'd sound just the same.

Pete Effamy

I'd like to hear him play something known to be terrible. I suspect he'd sound just the same.
He might sound the same, but a terrible mouthpiece is gonna throw anyone off. This looks terrible to what I'm used to seeing, but perhaps it isn't ?! You can get around around a lot of stuff with air, face and throat/tongue but it's not fun so I don't see why he'd bother. The price... what the hell is going on there?

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Well, if you check Amazon for the same, you will probably find something that's similar, but NOT the same. The price is already over 30€ and I don't have a choice of tip opening. So it feels like a shot in the dark!

It's cheap, yes but I have absolutely no confidence that I could receive something anywhere near what's being 'advertised' in that video. I'm not questionning the reality and honesty of the guy. Just how reliable is the Chinese supplier? It's impossible to tell and given my recent history with another Chinese supplier. I have some very serious reservations. I'd say it's like a lottery. You may win or not!

I've never been much of a gambler. ;)

randulo

22 months since I began - 3.5% of my adult life
Subscriber
Well, if you check Amazon for the same, you will probably find something that's similar, but NOT the same. The price is already over 30€ and I don't have a choice of tip opening. So it feels like a shot in the dark!
Remember, there's almost 20% VAT here. They do come in 5, 7, etc.

OP
D

Dibbs

It's cheap, yes but I have absolutely no confidence that I could receive something anywhere near what's being 'advertised' in that video. I'm not questionning the reality and honesty of the guy. Just how reliable is the Chinese supplier? It's impossible to tell and given my recent history with another Chinese supplier. I have some very serious reservations. I'd say it's like a lottery. You may win or not!

I've never been much of a gambler. ;)
I wasn't trying to encourage anyone to actually buy one. Just not spend a load of money. If a POS like that can produce decent results you probably don't need a new mouthpiece.

sax panther

Subscriber
My alto mouthpiece cost £18 from China. Metal piece, 6 opening. nicest alto piece I've ever played, sold my Vandoren V16 shortly afterwards. Tried a similarly cheap tenor piece (not from the same place - they only did alto for some reason) and it wasn't a keeper...but I sold it on ebay for £5 more than I paid for it. It wasn't a terrible piece (much nicer than some much more expensive ones I've tried), just didn't beat my current kit like the alto one did.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom