support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

newbie :)

flukeyluke

Locality
hampshire
Hello people,just joined this great forum and just started to learn the sax:D its been a lifelong dream and now at 33 ive decided to give it a shot,i currently own a chineese made sms acaddemy alto sax but im not really happy with it so im looking for a half decent sax that will last me a few years with a nice tone.

Had my first lesson last week and really enjoyed it , managed to get a tone out of the sax first try:thumb: and now im hooked on playing my scales..oh and starwars lol

luke

Welcome to the site Luke, there's lots of really useful information here and lots helpful people, enjoy. Good on you practicing your scales already, it took me at least a year :)

Welcome to the caff©, Luke.

ENJOY!
​™

Forget teachers, just use the force Luke

I'll get my coat! Welcome to the cafe.

Howdy and welcome to the forums. I am a newbie too, but don't worry this forum is full of several Yodas to help us kids out. Never be afraid to ask question here even if it sounds silly, these are top shelf people here and they will help you out.

Hi Luke!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, mind. Lots of good Chinese/Taiwanese saxes around these days (I have 4), including the latest Jericho Alto sax being trialled on a passaround! Glad you had a good first lesson.
Any particular music that takes your interest on saxophone?

Hope you have a great time here, ask loads of questions; keep us informed of your progress, and join in the local banter!
Kind regards
Tom

Hi Luke
Welcome to the Cafe, lots of useful advice on here. What sax to buy? a difficult question to answer, How much money are you going to spend? do you intend to stick with the Alto or are you interested in playing a Tenor, or Soprano, Baritone?
Its easy to make a mistake and think that a different and more expensive model will make your playing better, but its no substitute for practice and a good tutor.
At one time I had 4 saxes and 1 was a really top model, but I found myself going back to my trusty Yamaha YTS25 as it was so easy to play. OK I dont have the Kudos of my other one, but it was wasted on me.
I now have gone up a stage to a YTS62 which I get on well with.
Its very easy to spend money on saxes I am afraid.
All the best
Dave

thanks for the warm welcome :) i just love the sound of the sax and want to be able to master it in all aspects not sticking to one style,tall order and many years of hard training ahead i know but ive loved the sound of the sax ever since i was a little boy :)

Aha Star Wars...add one more to the club then...

So Luke, welcome and paraphrasing the famous quote by SaxYoda:

"Sax or Sax Not, There is No Try":)

Hi there

I'm also new here for the last few weeks, and by George (Gershwin) I've had so much help and knowledge thrown at me I can feel my head hurting in a pleasurable way ?

Welcome. If my own experience is anything to go by, you'll feel an old timer before long here. It certainly has inspired me loads to be more faithful to the practice routine and to feel I'm not kidding myself/wasting my time or anyone elses/being foolish

May the Fourth Be With YOu

Welcome Luke. You will find much here to inform, inspire and amuse you!

Hi MeIRSB Don`t know if I have welcomed you before it`s age you know. well welcomes are free so once again welcome. Gosh I am becoming repetitive. Regds. N.

Hi MeIRSB Don`t know if I have welcomed you before it`s age you know. well welcomes are free so once again welcome. Gosh I am becoming repetitive. Regds. N.

It's Luke you should be welcoming here.... But I'm sure he won't mind.

Hi Luke and welcome. Lots of advice and fun here. Newbie myself but with the advice given I am no longer contemplating having a hair replacement weave. Curses that was meant for another forum.:thumb: Regds. N.

i currently own a chineese made sms acaddemy alto sax but im not really happy with it so im looking for a half decent sax that will last me a few years with a nice tone.

It might be worth ringing Robbie at Academy, maybe you can trade it up for his new Jericho model which is very very good.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome,im now really happy with my sms sax,since ive changed the mouthpiece it sounds beautiful :) ive also just picked up a mint trevor james revolution which is even better but im still keeping my sms,just cant come to part with it lol :)

Luke

Back
Top Bottom