All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

nmdbase

Hi all,

My name is Paul, I'm 37 and am just about to take the plunge into the world of Sax playing. I have played bass guitar for 12 years but have always loved the sound of the Sax :)

Andante cantabile

Welcome to the cafe. Playing the saxophone will give you quite a different perspective. It probably won't be as loud as the bass guitar, but it has its good points otherwise.

TomMapfumo

Hi Paul!

Welcome to the cafe from the Skabertawe Collective down by ere in Wales!
How far have you got in terms of taking the plunge - have you got a Sax yet, or are you just about to....?:shocked::w00t:;}

You are quite a youngster to be learning the sax. People usually wait until their Forties before buying a complex item of metal tubing - either a motorbike or a sax, or even both!
I'd be interested to hear what your hopes and aims are in learning the sax, if any. Despite having 2 bass guitars and having had a number of lessons I still have to admit that I have to blow something to stick at it - be it sax, trumpet or trombone.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

BigMartin

Welcome

Welcome from a fellow newbie. Sax players seem to be a nice friendly, non-competitive (if only this were true of all instruments >:)) bunch.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me as well. As a guitarist you won't have to learn music, or timing.... So have fun! Lots of it!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff Paul.

You will open a new sax sound if you use bass fingering on the sax.

ENJOY!

Sunray

What Ho Paul!

Ello mate ...

Glad you found your way in here ...

Who's responsible for you wanting to play sax? [player's that is] ...

Or do you just want to get rid of the neighbours like the rest of us ... lmao

Have fun mate ... :w00t:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the home of the sax. I hope your keeping a close ear out on those sounds that your making! Have fun with the Yam, they're good instruments.

Top Bottom