support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New Year's Resolution

Simo

OK then it's that time of year when we try to make our New Year's resolutions and then smash them up when we don't want to play anymore.
Mine is;
  • Going up to Church more >:)

Whats Yours?

old git

Tremendous Bore
1) To practise more often. (That shouldn't be hard.)

2) Only drink Caribbean Blue Mountain coffee. (That's gone already, Whittards are charging £15-00 per 125 grammes, around a quid a cup.)

3) Fit new mid / bass units to my speakers, the only type ever to be voted "What Hi Fi Best Loudspeaker" for three consecutive years. (Twenty-two years old and would need to spend around a £1K to get something of same quality. Wonder if Colin will loan me his new temperature controlled soldering iron?)

4) Improve sight reading and theory. (Again not hard.)

jonf

1)

3) Fit new mid / bass units to my speakers, the only type ever to be voted "What Hi Fi Best Loudspeaker" for three consecutive years. (Twenty-two years old and would need to spend around a £1K to get something of same quality. Wonder if Colin will loan me his new temperature controlled soldering iron?)
What are they then? I also could do with fitting some new bass/mid units to my elderly but rather wonderful Richard Allan BBC monitors. What drivers will you go for? I had a look at some on Wilmslow Audio's web site and nearly had an aneurysm when I saw the cost.

Luluna

Señora
Subscriber
Being realistic about resolutions is the biggest challenge:

1. exercise

2. get up the guts to audition for Johnson State College's Afro-Cuban ensemble

3. keep my paperwork in order

Wishing a healthy, happy and prosperous 2010 to the CS :welldone

Young Col

Become a better player, quicker (not hard);
More exercise, like Lori (I weigh the same now as I did 30 years ago when I played a lot of football and squash, but its now all rather sloppier).

Oh dear, this reminds me of objective setting with staff every year according to the SMART acronym:
Specific/Stretching
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Time limited

Against that I would fail miserably on my next year's objectives!

Bill - you're welcome to use the nice Antex iron, but for bass drivers you will need something substantial for heavier cables. I suggest the 150W Weller solder gun. And do you want the whole lot spot welded to the Zimmer?

Happy New Year to all on caf sax.
Colin

old git

Tremendous Bore
What are they then? I also could do with fitting some new bass/mid units to my elderly but rather wonderful Richard Allan BBC monitors.
I'm afraid I cannot provide you with an answer Jon, as it might make other audiophiles jealous and I have had the floors reinforced to cope with waveguide loading and sand damping.

I am also going to commission Birdman to provide a BW Silver Plated Bronze Ear Trumpet as the deaf aid is not reproducing below 200 Hz which totally ruins the Orgelbuchlein.

post script:-On second thoughts and as you are already acquainted with og's git, a PM follows.

Top Bottom