All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

New Year, new resolutions - practise, practise, practise!

Paul_Dennis

Subscriber
This is a re-introduction! I’ve been a very occasional visitor but 2020 brings new resolutions to practise and engage more.
My main instrument is alto and I’m now also looking for a reasonably priced bari sax for playing in a sax group. Can one have too many saxophones?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
My main instrument is alto and I’m now also looking for a reasonably priced bari sax for playing in a sax group. Can one have too many saxophones?
:)

Jx

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
As long as they all can fit in your home, you don't have too many,

OP
Paul_Dennis

Paul_Dennis

Subscriber
:)

Jx
I was hoping to pick one up for about £1500. I’ve just missed out on a Dolnet Bel Air bari ca. 1960 at that very price.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
What alto are you playing?

I've never played a Dolnet Belair Bari but it's probably not ideal in terms of ergos and it think it's really an important factor on Bari saxes. The YBS32 is excellent in that respect.

I wish I had more time to play my bari. I've been focusing on tenor lately with soprano as number two and I've let down my altos and bari. :confused:

It's sad, but available free time is limited. Today I did good as I brought my tenor to the office yesterday so I can play early and/or late. I did both today! :p

OP
Paul_Dennis

Paul_Dennis

Subscriber
My alto is a Mauriat 67R with a Meyer 6 mouthpiece, Hemke 3 reeds. I agree the Dolnet probably isn’t the best with regard to ergonomics but I did know this particular instrument. In the long run I’m probably lucky I missed out on it and I’ll look for a more modern instrument.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom