support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New web site

Hi Martin,
It look's brilliant, just the sort of thing an established band need's. If i was nearer to you i'd be there like a shot.Anyway the very best of luck to you all.
Rob.

Hi martin,
as Rob says, it looks brilliant. You're doing a great job :)

You might want to consider using a bit darker colours for the menu though. Light coloured letters are difficult to see against a light background. And perhaps using slightly smaller fonts for the heading. It was a bit overwhelming. And when I'm at it, you might also want to consider using fonts like Verdana, Arial or Tahoma all around as they are easier to read, especially for people with impaired vision.

Good luck with the web site
Rune

Hi all

I am building a web site for the band if anyone is interested. Its still evolving, any constructive comments are always very welcome, have a look at

www.bridgtown-concert-band.com

What do you think?

Martin

All the other pages apart from the HOME page are fine. The out-of-focus music on all the other pages makes the text easy to read but the background on the home page is like being hit in the eyes with a shovel. I'd tone it down a bit [a lot!].

Yes, apart from the home page it's good enough, gets the message across and is quick to load.

Cheers

Mart

A bit of sense-checking would make it look more professional as well - I say sense-checking as spell-checking won't pick up the spelling of "manor" when you really mean "manner" on the "About Us" page, for example.

A bit of sense-checking would make it look more professional as well - I say sense-checking as spell-checking won't pick up the spelling of "manor" when you really mean "manner" on the "About Us" page, for example.

:blush::blush::blush: Wow, I'm embarrassed now, well spotted...

Some good feed back, thanks gents... Im waiting for an up to date group photo opportunity , then I'll use it instead of the sax on the home page. It's evolving at the moment so I'll be taking all feedback on board as it develops.

I like the site very much. However, note spelling, and the page I think is too wide. My screen res is 1024 x 768, and probably you need to consider that many folks have a res of 800 x 600. Just a suggestion.

All the other pages apart from the HOME page are fine. The out-of-focus music on all the other pages makes the text easy to read but the background on the home page is like being hit in the eyes with a shovel. I'd tone it down a bit [a lot!].
I would agree with that.

I'm no pro-web-designer, but what little I have learnt from the courses I've taken tells me that there's far too little contrast on the home page between the background and the text. Also, that you need to keep the page designs consistent across the site.

Otherwise - great!

Thanks for all the feedback guys... I've "tamed" the TJ photo a little, but I'm still hoping for a formal band picture very soon to replace it, as for the resolution, Yes I hear, but there would be equal numbers arguing the other way so I don't think there is a winning "suit all" resolution really.

Further comment always welcome... Thanks again

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom