support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New to saxophone...

HouseMartin

Hello everyone,
I have played guitar for about 40 years and recently decided I wanted to try playing tenor saxophone (who doesn't like the sound of the sax?). So I got myself a Martin tenor sax, "The Martin" or otherwise known as the Committee III. I'm learning where all the notes are at the moment and have ordered one of those mouthpiece silencers to help me develop good embouchure without annoying the neighbours.
I think my sax may require a bit of adjustment and while I would normally do this kind of thing myself I think I would be better taking it to a professional. Can anyone recommend a good sax repair place in London? I know about sax.co.uk but I have no idea if they are good or expensive etc.
While I learn I will playing the Martin at home hence my name on the forum :)

Neil

Hello everyone,
I have played guitar for about 40 years and recently decided I wanted to try playing tenor saxophone (who doesn't like the sound of the sax?). So I got myself a Martin tenor sax, "The Martin" or otherwise known as the Committee III. I'm learning where all the notes are at the moment and have ordered one of those mouthpiece silencers to help me develop good embouchure without annoying the neighbours.
I think my sax may require a bit of adjustment and while I would normally do this kind of thing myself I think I would be better taking it to a professional. Can anyone recommend a good sax repair place in London? I know about sax.co.uk but I have no idea if they are good or expensive etc.
While I learn I will playing the Martin at home hence my name on the forum :)

Neil
Welcome to the Cafe. the members here are extremely friendly and have offered brilliant advice. no need to mention, Pete is great. I have also just started to learning saxophone. what I can tell is that the product called Sax Mute I is not very good. it might be effective to reduce the sound of a saxophone. but it does not look nice. it is also difficult to put the sax into the mute. I would not recommend it to anyone though I have bought one for myself.

Welcome to the Cafe. the members here are extremely friendly and have offered brilliant advice. no need to mention, Pete is great. I have also just started to learning saxophone. what I can tell is that the product called Sax Mute I is not very good. it might be effective to reduce the sound of a saxophone. but it does not look nice. it is also difficult to put the sax into the mute. I would not recommend it to anyone though I have bought one for myself.

Hi George, thank you for the friendly welcome. The product I was referring to is the Jazzlab mouthpiece silencer. You use it with the mouthpiece to work on embouchure technique but it reduces the volume level. I think you may be talking about another product?

Back
Top Bottom