support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New to Cafe Saxophone

jbtsax

in memoriam 1947 - 2023
Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Hello all. I am a retired band teacher living in the U.S. who plays and teaches woodwinds. My main instrument is the saxophone. I did amateur repairs throughout my teaching career and following a long term apprenticeship with a tech with 27 years experience, I now do professional saxophone repair out of my home shop.

I am looking forward to getting to know members on this forum and sharing what I have learned with others.

Welcome to the caff©, JBT.

Band teacher? You're not the reincarnated Count, are you? :(

ENJOY!

Welcome aboard JBT.

That must be a fascinating pastime, repairing saxophones.

Have fun .... We all are!

Cheers & ciao
Jimu

"Together We Create Beauty"

gday jbtsax
You will be a welcome addition to the caf Im sure everyone will be on to you looking for spare parts or repair info.
Anyway Welcome from oz
Allansto.:)

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the Skabertawe Wailers, down by yer in Wales, mind!

Kind regards
Tom

:w00t::mrcool;}>:):happydance::thankyou::sax:

Welcome to the cafe, that sounds like a great way to earn a living, sat at home repairing instruments. Lucky so and so.

Welcome to the cafe jbt :) from the pool of life

Hey Hey mate ... Sunray waves from Norfolk in the UK ...

Welcome to the cafe ...

Tell us a story ... [I bet you know some] ... ;}

Hi and welcome the the cafe :)

Hey Hey mate ... Sunray waves from Norfolk in the UK ...

Welcome to the cafe ...

Tell us a story ... [I bet you know some] ... ;}

My favorite teaching story comes from a summer beginning trumpet class. It was very warm in the room so I propped the door open to let a breeze come in. Before long a buzzing insect had flown into the room and was diving at the 6th grade trumpet player's heads as they tried to play. One young man had had enough of the distraction and stood on his chair with his band book rolled up to smite the intruder. He stunned it on the first swing and as the insect dropped to the floor, he jumped down and stomped on it with his shoe.

One of the other students said, "Was it a bee"? Without hesitation, the first boy lifted his foot and said, "No, it's a Bb".

None of my other stories can be told in mixed company. :shocked: Thanks all for the kind welcomes.

Back
Top Bottom