Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Concert - Symphony - Philharmonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or keep: New Member - Member - Senior Member

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simo

After sending a PM to Pete about changing the titles to a theme or role we thought a poll might help.

Instead of the current list for our titles you could use more of a role/title. so a New Member could be Beginner or Rodie ect, ect. Member could be Intermediate or Band ect, ect, ect. you get the drift.

NEW MEMBER-----MEMBER----------SENIOR MEMBER
Beginner------------Intermediate------Expert
Rodie---------------Band-------------Orchestra
Player--------------Orchestra---------Conductor
Concert------------Symphony---------Philharmonic

Just a thought.

Chris98

After sending a PM to Pete about changing the titles to a theme or role we thought a poll might help.

Instead of the current list for our titles you could use more of a role/title. so a New Member could be Beginner or Rodie ect, ect. Member could be Intermediate or Band ect, ect, ect. you get the drift.

NEW MEMBER-----MEMBER----------SENIOR MEMBER
Beginner------------Intermediate------Expert
Rodie---------------Band-------------Orchestra
Player--------------Orchestra---------Conductor
Concert------------Symphony---------Philharmonic

Just a thought.
Hi Simo,

Is this referring to the little title under our names on the left?

To be honest I've never really thought much about it, but question the wisdom of using 'Beginner-Intermediate-Expert' by that system I'm an 'Intermediate' which implies some knowledge, I have none and conciser myself to be on the first rung of the beginners ladder. If this is chosen I'll have to request Pete zeros my post count every now and then to keep me in my place!

Happy New Year,

Chris

EDIT: When did I become a senior member, that would make me an 'Expert' that really is too grandiose a title for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
Yes, there's a problem with anything that implies how good or experienced a player you are. It's purely based on how many posts. I've stuck with the default vbulletin system as I can't think of anything better. If someone can, then of course it would be considered.

Chris98

Daft but in keeping with the cafe theme:

Espresso – Macchiato - Cappuccino

Taz

Busking Oracle
I too, like the coffee idea. Just because I'm a senior member don't make me an exbert!

Actually, I've never been a bert! :)))

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Having suffered German Ersatz Coffee, can Kev be given his own category? :)
Hope that hides my discomfort at his posting.
Yes, wasn't getting at anyone! Except taking a dig about the real meaning of forum rankings. I've got thousands of posts on a couple of photo forums. :)))

The normal german coffee is bad, have never seen the ersatz stuff. I drink italian most of the time, it's affordable here. French is good as well, but we don't see it much here.

I suppose we could go for instant, ready ground and beans...
or Frisco, Maxwell House and Nescafe for the instant fans.

Pee Dee

If we are to be associated with coffee, can I be Java, like my mouthpiece, and I grind my own beans, coarse for the cafetiere, and fine for filtering. When I'm feeling lazy i'll reach for the bottle of Camp coffee. But I wouldn't want to be associated with that!
I love it, but not out of pink cups:)))
Anyone not tried Camp yet? We could do a survey on taste, flavour etc. How about a poll?>:)

MartinL

If we are to be associated with coffee, can I be Java, like my mouthpiece, and I grind my own beans, coarse for the cafetiere, and fine for filtering. When I'm feeling lazy i'll reach for the bottle of Camp coffee. But I wouldn't want to be associated with that!
I love it, but not out of pink cups:)))
Anyone not tried Camp yet? We could do a survey on taste, flavour etc. How about a poll?>:)
Would that be a "poll" or a "Pole" :))) As my partner is Polish we buy coffee available in Poland, the best coming from a shop near the Real in the Praga area of Warsaw, they grind the beans in the shop... Lovely coffee, strong and black.. Here at home we buy stuff I cant begin to pronounce from the Polish shop in Lichfield. :))) so I'm all for a "Pole" too >:)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Pete Pee Dee,

Oh dear, no mention of the so called 'vacuum' method. Okay, it is really the 'differential pressure method' but far outclasses the filter and cafetiere options. :D

Whether it also outclasses 'Camp', which I've managed to avoid for the past half century, is your choice. ;}

Pee Dee

Would that be a "poll" or a "Pole" :))) As my partner is Polish we buy coffee available in Poland, the best coming from a shop near the Real in the Praga area of Warsaw, they grind the beans in the shop... Lovely coffee, strong and black.. Here at home we buy stuff I cant begin to pronounce from the Polish shop in Lichfield. :))) so I'm all for a "Pole" too >:)
We just got a polish shop opened here in Poole:confused:
You have inspired me to go and get some coffee from there. I find the best coffee seems to come from abroad, probably 'cos we can't grow coffee trees here:)))
Q: how many poles in Poole
A: only one as there is no 's' in Poole.
:welldone

Top Bottom