support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New tenor

Yes i was taught to read music and even did music to gcse level including a exam with said recorder but ive forgoten most of it so currently trying to brush up.

Even better. All those boring chord/scales/arpeggiios you had to learn will really help if/when you want to learn to improvise. I did music 'O' level in 1975 and am finding a use for it now for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do you rate the gear4music sax then any good for the money?

Cheers.

Happy so far. Got £40 knocked off for a small scratch under the bow, so paid £399. There's a similar one couloured silver and gold which is a bit cheaper but wasn't in stock and IMHO not as pretty. Plays pretty sweetly at the top end. Still struggling a bit with bottom Bb, but that's probably me and/or the reed. Don't think it's leaking. Bought the mouthpiece first (a Yamaha 5c), having been generously lent a tenor to try out, and tried them on that in the shop. Played a couple of the £260 ones first but they were frankly rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool and best of luck with your new horn man. I play a Simba which I think is a Chinese model as well. I personally think that the Chinese horns get a bad rap.

Play it in good health!

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom