All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

New Soprano Sax Question et alii

Der Wikinger

I have been told that the Embouchure for soprano sax is similar to clarinet only tighter. Does that ring true to the rest of you?

Also, I copied some wma backup files that were recorded a=440 and ripped from a cd to my hard drive. I then copied them to a RCA MP3 player I just purchased. When I played them back through my headset attached to the player, It sounded like my soprano sax was keyed to Eb or something really off. Can anyone suggest why?

:thankyou:

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I have been told that the Embouchure for soprano sax is similar to clarinet only tighter. Does that ring true to the rest of you?

Was this from a clarinetist? Yeah, fine if you want to sound like a strangled cat. It's a saxophone. It has a saxophone embouchure not a clarinet embouchure - think smaller alto.

Not sure what you're getting at with the second question. Are you saying your files changed pitch when you converted them? If so, I can't see how that could happen.

jonf

Agreed about the embouchure. Shape of the mouthpiece is different, and the way you blow a sop is quite different to a clarinet. I find the whole feel of a sop and clairnet to be very different, and not really capable of comparison.

Top Bottom