Tutorials

New Sax Chat Web Site Hosted By Phil-Tone

Phil

Yes, I did get permission to post this in Petes house first.

I have started a live chat room for saxophone players to visit as well as to submitt articles and reviews of saxophone CDS, technique and the like.

We just got started so building is in progress but its up and going.
We have a number of members already who have ventured over to converse from Sax on the Web.

We would love to have you visit and come chat and participate. The site is not to take the place of this forum or SOTW but a different venue to express ourselves.

Grab a drink and comeon over for a bit...its still hit and miss when people are there but membership is growing (we are only a couple of days old).

Mark the link since its not in Google or other search engines yet. It is best viewed in Non IE browsers but they will work.

www.saxchatlive.com

Thanks
Phil

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Stuck my nose in, but I guess I was a bit late for the US guys and a bit early for Europe.... Another time. Had a nice chat with a guy in Japan who has a Nikkan sax. He says they were bought out by Yamaha and thinks their engineers went to Yanigasawa

Last edited by a moderator:

neil

i`ve been on the chat site....a really friendly bunch on there...just as in here.....and phil seems like a top bloke...seems happy enough to discuss the processes of mouthpiece refacing etc ( not that i`m going to have a go) but i would have understood if he was a bit err...evasive ...considering its his business.. but none of that at all
I`d reccommend having a look in you may enjoy the experiance....i did

Pee Dee

Went on there and have registered but couldn't figure out how to use it:confused:
I'll have another go tomorrow

visionari1

Hi Pee Dee, I had the same experience , however I figured out how to post (type in the thin box, below the main chats view screen) and had a chat with 5 of em on there Wavy gravy & Phil, included.

I'ts not so easy with a group, some who are very fast typers can really send in quick comments and, by the time I'd replied the chat had moved on to somewhere else. Worth percevering for a while to see if it's your thing. I registered as DaSaxifoney, which I'll change to visionari1 my BR name as it's good to link in with people one know's
Cheers
Jimu

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Just to report that Hotmail classified my rgistration confirmation letter from this site as dangerous, not to be opened..... Wonder if they thought that it was an e, not an a in sax...:)))

OP
Phil

Phil

An issue we are facing is that people just arent running into each other. Lots of invidual logons. Until this thing really grows you have to just log on, keep your connection open and do some other browsing. Once some people pop in you can start a dialogue. It seems to be be more active in the evenings..US time. Tell everyone you know and it will become easier.

Amaranth

An issue we are facing is that people just arent running into each other. Lots of invidual logons. Until this thing really grows you have to just log on, keep your connection open and do some other browsing. Once some people pop in you can start a dialogue. It seems to be be more active in the evenings..US time. Tell everyone you know and it will become easier.
OK I'll linger for a few minutes :)

OP
Phil

Phil

we would also like to have some hosted events such as "an evening with ___"

any realistic ideas on who would log on and converse with people about sax and music?

If it were scheduled and announced people would know when to show up.

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom