All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

New Portrait

Col

My wife Livvy, besides being a great singer is also a portrait artist and she's nearly finished a portrait of me with my sax.
It isn't quite finished, but as she has loads of commissions on I can't wait any longer (clients always come first).

The sax needs more detail (it's a Selmer MkVII with a metal Otto link) but unfortunately she's got my face perfectly, I told her to make me younger and better looking.

What do you think?
DSC_0001.jpg

llamedos

I took the opportunity to take a peek at both your web-sites (your wife's and the Rehab one) and I have to say that talented is an understatement if ever there was one. Much power to both your elbows- such talent in one family must be a bit OTT. Makes one wonder what you do in your spare time!!

Keep it up;"respeck" to both of you.

Dave

old git

Tremendous Bore
The sax needs more detail (it's a Selmer MkVII with a metal Otto link) but unfortunately she's got my face perfectly, I told her to make me younger and better looking.
She has, hasn't she?

Fraser Jarvis

Love the way she has been able to paint the brass to look like er, well brass really, very talented!

saxplorer

Very nice indeed Col: from the background I assume you had just completed a moody rendition of "Stormy Weather"?

Col

Thank you everyone, I'll make certain I pass on your comments to Livvy - you know what artists are like, always self-doubting.

I love it. I love the fact that with an oil painting it will last generations and I'll be remembered by them as the sax player of the family (rather than the Ad Man).

If anyone wants the same I'm sure Livvy could handle more commissions (have to keep the wife working so I can retire and practise more) >:)

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Excellent Col, Livvy has caught the whistful "Silent Witness" look perfectly.
Oil paint can be a sod to use but she obviously knows the way to control it.
You and she should be very proud.
Andy

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom