All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Clarinets New piece for clarinet and piano

adrianallan

Please have a look at my lastest composition for clarinet and piano.

I'm also interested to know if you think it would work for Alto sax, given a few adaptations - or maybe just leave it as clarinet?

The PDF file for the score is attached and the soundcloud link is here:

DeadAudiolink Removed

The sounds are fairly basic (sibelius)

Please leave any feedback or comments/ suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi Adrian,
A lot of work has gone into this, although not my type of music.

With regards to the voices of piano and clarinet, I think the plaintive sound of the clarinet contrasts nicely with the the grander, expressive piano. I think guitar and alto sax sound great together and would like to hear what you can do with those two, but not necessarily on this piece. My two pennyworth, but what does a guitar, banjo, tenorsax jazz, folk, bluegrass player know.

Thanks for posting,

Andy

adrianallan

Hi Adrian,
A lot of work has gone into this, although not my type of music.

With regards to the voices of piano and clarinet, I think the plaintive sound of the clarinet contrasts nicely with the the grander, expressive piano. I think guitar and alto sax sound great together and would like to hear what you can do with those two, but not necessarily on this piece. My two pennyworth, but what does a guitar, banjo, tenorsax jazz, folk, bluegrass player know.

Thanks for posting,

Andy
Thanks for listening

I have a piece for alto sax and guitar as well - I hope you like this (you need scorch to view the score), but look for the mp3 button at the top to play the audio file

http://www.scoreexchange.com/scores/107116.html

Andrew Sanders

Hi Adrian,
Having trouble downloading scorch so have jumped ship on it. Can't see the mp3 option on the page shown.
Shame

Andy

Andrew Sanders

Got it. Sounds good. Would be even better with real instruments. Will have a go at playing the dots.
Thanks Adrian

adrianallan

I have just re-mixed and recorded the piece using decent samples on Cubase - no more horrible midi sounds

please check it out here:

DeadAudiolink Removed

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Just took a listen to Reverie. Interesting mix, but a bit heavy and dark for me. I'd liekt o hear more of the sax/clarinet and a bit less of the piano.

adrianallan

Just took a listen to Reverie. Interesting mix, but a bit heavy and dark for me. I'd liekt o hear more of the sax/clarinet and a bit less of the piano.
yeah, i was being rather dark and ponderous in this one - maybe the piano could be lightened too

thanks for the comments

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom