PPT mouthpieces

dave 645

Locality
A, A
Hi I am called Dave and am fairly new to the sax. 4 months or so. I am learning from books and try to practice 3 hours a week, ideally half hour a day.

I am completely new to music, so I am teaching myself to read music, and "hear" notes as I go. It's been great so far.

Good luck with the mission Dave. Have fun and learn much.
Andrew

Welcome to the cafe, Dave. I hope you enjoy your journey through saxland.

Hi Dave

Welcome to the cafe enjoy your sax and take your time,a tutor would be a good investment if you can afford one,but there are plenty of good teach yourself books about not to mention all the TAMING THE SAX stuff on here if you can't...john

Hello Dave, and a warm welcome to the cafe. I'm glad you're enjoying your sax.

Jim.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. I've only joined recently. One thing is sure, ther's a plenty of help on here and a lot of good natured banter, so enjoy it and keep practicing. The rewards are boundless!

johnboy.

Welcome, as has already been said, there are a great bunch of guys and gals on here, but be warned most of them are bonkers!

Welcome ...

watcha Dave ....;}

Nice to meet you mate ...

I am a n00b to this place but I gotta say - these guys are great - Really helpful gang and they enjoy their art ... and all the fun ... :)))

I have two beautiful girls [an Alto and Tenor Yani] ... [both recent purchases] and I am deeply in love ...

I spend time almost every day caressing their sexy bodies and doing things with my lips and tongue to make them gurgle and hum ... [an very often they squeal with delight]. :w00t:

Have a good time here mate ...

Welcome to the caff, Dave.

Three hours? There are 168 hours in a week and you should practise everyone one of them. Of course your lips will be sore but it means you don't have to speak to the wife.

ENJOY!

Hi Dave!

A warm welcome to Cafe Sax from the Skabertawe 3 Button Soprano Sax Collective (SKABS). So, why the sax, what type of sax, what are your hopes in learning, what music do you like, do you have "The Jazz Method for Alto/Tenor Saxophone" by John O'Neill ? :w00t:;}

Be great to hear how your progress goes, seriously. I particularly enjoyed the stage when it was possible to play several tunes from memory, in time and adding my own flourishes. Also being able to play certain scales and create my own tunes/phrases/riffs.
Good luck with your journey.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Dave, big welcome from me. what are you playing? Tenor, Alto,Sop? What books are you using. Lots of good advice here, enjoy the journey, Phil

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the world of sax! stick at it Dave and you'll never regret it. And remember no question is too stupid, we have all been there/going through the same issues.

All the best mate

Thank you all for your kind welcomes. I read somewhere that using the thank you button at the end of a post is more sarcastic than genuine - true or not?

In answer to questions, I have an alto sax, elkhart, and I have a few books that I play/study from. I am currently favouring the complete sax player book 2, focusing on Ob la Di, and Sound of Silence, as well as much time on long tones and scales. I also live in a fairly built up area and have to use an electronic mute case for the sake of neighbours. I recently discovered this is the reason I can't play the lower c note. I spent a lot of time adjusting my embouchure to try and get that low note but to no avail. I took the sax out of the mute case and hey, easy low c.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes, I really enjoy playing and wish I had more time to dedicate to it.....

Dave

Thank you all for your kind welcomes. I read somewhere that using the thank you button at the end of a post is more sarcastic than genuine - true or not?

Not here. But it's new and not used as much as it could/should be.

welcome dave and good luck with your sax playing, but three hours a day?
your bottom lip must be one hell of a size by now.

Gusev.

Welcome Dave. Kev's right, the thank you buttton is genuine here, like all the inhabitants of the cafe.
YC

Back
Top Bottom