support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New Member - UK

buckreinart

Hello forum users!

I have just joined today, so I need to say hi.

My music interest started when I was 7 years old when I started to learn the trumpet, and at the age of 10 I joined my local silver band (on flugel horn). I stayed with the band until I was aged 13. I then took up the drums for many years, playing in bands, touring UK/Europe.

My love of music has always been mainly around the 40's and 50's eras. I love my rock'n'roll/swing, but I am also passionate about jazz and blues.

I have also run my own studio, and have been a FOH sound engineer for several 'big' bands. I run my own record label also.

I took up the saxophone back in 2001, but unfortunately a serious road traffic accident resulting in a traumatic brain injury put my learning back for many years. I have recently taken my circa 1939 Pennsylvania tenor from the loft and began playing, it is certainly a difficult horn to play! I also have an alto, but cannot remember what make/model it is haha.

The Pennsylvania was made under the Selmer name in London, probably by Karl Meyer. It has pearl keys and has the original dark lacquer. I use an Otto Link metal mouth piece.

I am looking at buying a new sax, I'd love an older Selemer but the finances could not strech that far, so I have been looking at the Conn CTS280R. Does anyone on the forum have one of these? If so, is it good for swing/rock'n'roll?

Bye for now

B

Greetings Buckreinart.
wellcome to The Cafe, its really spooky that you happen to own this particular horn , i have just posted a request for info on a Karl Meyer alto.
anyway dive in and enjoy, you will not find a better bunch than the folks here, and if you something that you need help or info about, someone here will be able assist you
regards zootsaxenberger

Sunray waves to Buckreinart ...

Hey hey from Norfolk ...

A big "Welcome" to the Cafe ... ;}

Now you are settled in - I have a very important and humane project for you mate ...

When you feel up to it, put on your finest explorers clothing, including the funny hat then search the temple [or cave] and try to find out the Alto's name ...

After all no self respecting Saxophone can go through life without a name ... :)))

Have fun here mate ...

Cheers :cheers:

Hello Buck and a warm welcome to you. You will be able to play any kind of music you like on your new sax. I used to own a Pennsylvania tenor and it played great. These days we can buy new saxes like them for less than the cost of a major refurb.

I've seen adverts for the Conn 280 in the CASS magazine and it looks very nice.

Jim.

Back
Top Bottom