New member from the states

Oilpainter

Hi, all. Just joined the site. Really enjoy all the information put together for players. I have played off and on since age30, never progressing as much as I would like, but now, as retirement approaches, I have the time to seriously study. I have a student level Selmer tenor (looking to up grade) and use a Syos mouthpiece and a 2.25 Legere sig. reed. Cheers! Oilpainter

ESJohn

Hello and welcome! I will be looking at retirement in a few years myself. It's good to start making plans now. This is a fantastic place to learn! Lots of great advice and support!

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Welcome to the café, OilPainter!

Your pseudo raises the question: What will you want your friends to say about you?

- he's such a good painter.
- he's such a good saxophone player.

Of course, I assumed that you paint, with oil mostly. My mum used to do that.

I met a man that was known as a professional photographer who had two passions in life: Photography and Cooking. But he confessed that unfortunately, when he cooked for chefs, they praised his photographic talents and when he took pictures of this colleagues, they praised his cooking! :doh:

All I can say for myself is that I hope one day I'll be able to play like I cook. Not that I'm a great cook, but it comes naturally and I don't need to taste as I cook to know what it's gonna taste like. :confused: Not sure I expressed myself clearly, but you might get the idea...

Keep up the spirit, not just the turpentine. ;)

OP
O

Oilpainter

Thanks, saxyjt. Oil painting is my other passion, I sell some but I know what a starving artist would be if I had to rely on the income. Just another way to express the creative side, I think.

SYOS
Top Bottom