support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New member from Saskatchwan, Canada

zelda

On the border
Hi folks. This is my first post. A little about myself is in order. I'm 63. I'm male. Zelda is our 4 year-old Yorkiepoo. I have a Yamaha YTS23 tenor and YAS alto. I'm actually a blues bass player and a guitar player. I'm not a professional player but have done the band thing.I took sax lessons a few years ago but let my playing and practice slide because I'm not motivated. I'm hoping that joining up here will motivate me to practise. I'm interested in playing blues on the sax but like most music. I did learn how to play Moon River and On The Sunny Side Of The Street a few years back. Right now it's a chilly -16 Celcius at 2205 hours out here on the Canadian prairie in our little village of 225 or so.

Hello

Welcome to the cafe:)

Hope we can help with the motivation but most of it has to come from you, we can give you encouragement and the occasional kick up the backside if required;}

Jx

Welcome Zelda

You are some ways North there eh? My brother in law works on the snow ploughs in Toronto, though being south east of you, I'm suspect that your snow drifts are somewhat bigger than theirs in general.

I came to this forum last Fall when I had only just picked up the sax for the first time. I credit my motivation and understanding being on a level my tutor said she hadn't come across before to the support, teasing, and advice given by the friendly crowd on here.

If you can't find the motivation and camaradery you are looking for here, then I'm uncertain that it will at all exist anywhere else.

Grab yourself a large Java, take a seat, and join the family.

Mel

Hi Zelda and welcome here`s the first line of a poem to warm you up.

Saskatchewan
Its where the horizon never ends.
The roads are straight forever.
The fields,
stretching as far as the eye can see,
like a patchwork quilt.

Regds Longfellow eat your heart out.N.

Hello

Welcome to the cafe:)

Hope we can help with the motivation but most of it has to come from you, we can give you encouragement and the occasional kick up the backside if required;}

Jx

Thanks for the welcome. It's about noon here and I'm about to do the dishes. Then I'm heading down to the basement to practise. There you go! I'm motivated already!
Jim

Welcome Zelda

You are some ways North there eh? My brother in law works on the snow ploughs in Toronto, though being south east of you, I'm suspect that your snow drifts are somewhat bigger than theirs in general.

I came to this forum last Fall when I had only just picked up the sax for the first time. I credit my motivation and understanding being on a level my tutor said she hadn't come across before to the support, teasing, and advice given by the friendly crowd on here.

If you can't find the motivation and camaradery you are looking for here, then I'm uncertain that it will at all exist anywhere else.

Grab yourself a large Java, take a seat, and join the family.

Mel

Thanks. I did a little sleuthing before I signed up and I liked the vibe here.
Jim

Hi

Welcome and by way of contrast here on the Border Marchers, where I live population about 9,000. Coldest so far this winter has been -10C with wind chill. Had about 6 inches of snow (OK now I'm mixing metric and Imperial - 15cm) this last week. About 6 inches more than most winters! Daytime temperature hasn't got above 0 for a week or so. We're expecting to bask in a tropical heatwave of 5C by the weekend.

A little known factoid bout playing music in the Canadian prairies on cold days in winter, one has to thaw the notes on the stove in order to hear them. Welcome. Btw -16 is pretty balmy for those parts at this time of year.

we own a cabin by Lac LaRonge

Last edited by a moderator:
A little known factoid bout playing music in the Canadian prairies on cold days in winter, one has to thaw the notes on the stove in order to hear them. Welcome. Btw -16 is pretty balmy for those parts at this time of year.

we own a cabin by Lac LaRonge

Yes, -16 is pretty balmy. We just got home from the Vancouver area (Abbotsford) a week or so ago. It rained nearly every day and we saw the sun on two days only. I'll never complain about the cold again. But I'll continue to complain about the snow.

Hi

Welcome and by way of contrast here on the Border Marchers, where I live population about 9,000. Coldest so far this winter has been -10C with wind chill. Had about 6 inches of snow (OK now I'm mixing metric and Imperial - 15cm) this last week. About 6 inches more than most winters! Daytime temperature hasn't got above 0 for a week or so. We're expecting to bask in a tropical heatwave of 5C by the weekend.

Thanks. We went metric in the 80s but I continue to mix and match, also. I have no idea what my height (5'-7") and weight (180 lb. or so depending) are in metric.

Back
Top Bottom