All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

New Jock to the flock

Just like to say been reading forums for a couple years now really enjoy it have taken lots of advice on different mouthpieces some great advice available, decided to try an learn sax well into my forties it's probably 28 years since I first decided to learn sax after hearing Clarence Clemons "the big man" read his book by same title Great book. I have also came to the conclusion you should learn music from a young age, that's not to say you can't do it, just a bit harder the older you get, no doubt someone can prove me wrong but that's how I feel. Had a couple of teachers now first one really nice guy but let me away with too much didn't feel I was moving on well enough, decided to try new teacher well known jazz musician great guy makes me work harder on timing and doing more pieces than I'd like but a definite move forward so don't feel guilty if any beginners want to move on. I'm still trying my best but love when I practise takes your mind off everything else.:thumb:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi

I totally agree about it been hard to learn music the older you get. I am finding it is very slow progress but loving the challenge.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the Cafe.

Jx

TomMapfumo

Hi Jock of the flock!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Lites, down by yer in the South of Wales. I've had two sax teachers - 2nd one was awesome (only halh my age but a great teacher, nevertheless). I had no problem with learning music latterly, but it has been there over the years.

Hope you have a great time here, as a fellow member, and look forward to reading your posts.
Kind regards
Tom

Hi Kev big problem there then I have no imagination and loads of fears hey ho just need to get on with it, Thanks for your comments.

Hi Tom thanks for comments been to Cardiff couple of times never to your place thought couldn't pronounce it to get there haha Tell you what it must feel strange been taught by someone half your age.

Hi Jeanette think your up on the sunny east coast are you not in granite city I was reading a few posts today and I saw you a couple of times.
Thanks for the welcome Andy

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Guy, Jock or whoever.

Always had trouble trying to swing Flower of Scotland, can you help?>:)

ENJOY!​™

navarro

Hello and welcome Late starter myself (excuse me while I steady my zimmer)

Took it up, alto at 75. (quick tweak of the hearing aid)

Got lots of advice from the Ladies and Gents here, nudged my memory and remembered the basic music lessons I had at five which came flooding back together with the sound of air raid sirens.

And here I am after five months of playing, and really practising hard at my reading in a big band for beginners. First solo last week (Stolen Moments) PS I have a great teacher. So good luck you will derive nothing but benefit from subscribing to this forum. Best regards N. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

trimmy

One day i will...
welcome to the flock jock :)

Enjoy your new journey :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMapfumo

Reminds me of Paul Simon's lesser known hit, "50 ways to join a Sax Forum". "...... join the flock, Jock", "Get a new sax, Max", "Follow the beat, Pete", "Sand a new reed, Johnboy.............":shocked:;}

LIKE THE SOUND OF GET A NEW SAX don't think there will be one on those for a while but a good service wouldn't do it any harm.
Thanks Tom

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom